How Much Was Your Outfit Today?

poly800rock

Dismal,

You think those import taxes hurt? Try this given today's KRW/USD exchange rate:

Hugo Boss two button suit - 1,267 USD

TODs loafers - 369 USD

Jantzen custom dress shirt - 38 USD

Silk cufflinks - 5 USD

Zegna Tie - 147 USD

Rolex datejust - 2,300 USD

Black socks - 1 USD

Total - 4127 USD

And for tonight's drinking:

Samurai S5K BK - 256 USD

AA V-neck - 21 USD

Alife slip ons - 120 USD

Total - 397 USD

Note these items were primarily purchased in Korea (excluding the Sammies and the tailor made Jantzen dress shirt and silk cufflinks - Hong Kong).

The best thing in terms of value was the socks.

Dismal,

You think those import taxes hurt? Try this given today's KRW/USD exchange rate:

Hugo Boss two button suit - 1,267 USD

TODs loafers - 369 USD

Jantzen custom dress shirt - 38 USD

Silk cufflinks - 5 USD

Zegna Tie - 147 USD

Rolex datejust - 2,300 USD

Black socks - 1 USD

Very Korea. BTW, I am still guestimating my numbers to the $1=1000W rule, which I know is totally outdated. This super strong won is pretty fun though, I'm gonna order up a bunch of stuff off rakuten pretty soon and it's like a rare 20% sale for us, changing won to yen.

I went simple today, tan cardi over a white-t shirt, jeans.

APC cashmere cardi: $160 (?) (don't remember how much this cost, but it was on sale.

Muji v-neck tee: 3 for $15, so $5

Diors: $500

shorts my mom sent me: free

orange Uniqlo socks: $2.50

plain white chucks: $40

total: $707.50. Beginning to feel adding in the denims isn't a very a good representation of this since I only wear the same one or two pair everyday, while the rest of my pieces I wear rarely.

There is nothing wrong at all with spending thousands and thousands on your wardrobe at any time, and i buy stuff regularly and as much as i can as well..Its the telling people about it and how much its worth that i object to, thats why i found this thread tacky.

I see your point, but then again who does it really hurt.. some might find it interesting to know how much everyone spends, what you get for how much etc. some find this tacky, but I dont think it really does any harm to anyone.

edit: and now that I posted I found it fun to add up.

guess I'll post just for poops and giggles..

h&m cardigan €25

marc jacobs shirt from supermarket $50

dior jeans €250

polo rl boxers $10

fossil watch $60

stussy x porter bag $100

alife lo's $100 (approx.)

so roughly €570

This thread makes me think I need to spend more on clothes. I feel pretty cheap--I very rarely save for big ticket items.

Nordstrom boxers--$15

Nordstrom undershirt--$5

Gap socks--$2

Polo chelsea boots--$75 from grapevinehill

Levis navy cords--$20 from Urban Outfitters

BB Belt--$30

Polo tattersall shirt--$20 from filene's basement/marshall's/somewhere

Polo olive cotton sportcoat--$60

Total: $227

Tonight, something like this; going to a show at The Ottobar

Same underwear/socks--$22

Varvatos Converse WCT II--$40 from ebay

Belt/buckle--$20 from ebay

RRDG--$120 from Barney's

Some tshirt--around $20

F-2--$10, via sF member Metal Circus

Total: $230

Both with a Skagen watch (gift) and trafalgar wallet ($10, filene's basement)

I'm pretty consistent.

OT: i never realised 103s cost only 150. shit...i should have gotten them a long time ago.

i got them from that superfantastic japanese denim store on ebay a long time ago, before he started finalizing the prices, this was a bid auction and i'm assuming no one was very interested in them. they usually run 20000+ yen though.

There is nothing wrong at all with spending thousands and thousands on your wardrobe at any time, and i buy stuff regularly and as much as i can as well..Its the telling people about it and how much its worth that i object to, thats why i found this thread tacky.

You don't like people not washing their jeans and you think it's gross.

You think it's tacky for us to add up and post the prices of our outfits.

Do you have anything informative, constructive or positive to say? Because it seems like you just come here to act superior. It's not cute.

I personally find it interesting to compare, say, cmf's lists with djrajio's or xcoldricex. They are all very well-dressed IMO; I think it's informative to see the different ways they arrive at their looks.

If it offends you, you don't have to read it. We don't need lessons from you on what's tacky.

Apologies to everyone for going off topic.

long sleeve tee $35

Gingham/Nara tee ~ $50 ?

Sorahikos ~ $300

Vans Vault Hosois $70 ?

Nice Collective jacket $340

Prada aviators $200

cheap socks and underwear ~$10

$1005, high rolling today!

to tangerine, im trying to save your souls and stop you being so materialistic thats all, if i can stop one person showing off and bragging about money it will all have been worth it for me.......it will come back and bite you in the arse in the end...it always does.

I think you, like Shark, are just taking the piss. I don't believe you mean the silly things you say.

On the off chance that you are serious, however, I think you've missed the point. I see more people in this thread "bragging" about putting together good looks on a budget than I do see people who spent a lot on clothes.

If anything tries to bite me in the ass, I fart in its general direction.

As for my soul, if you read my earlier post, I traded it to my job for a t-shirt. So you're too late.

Back to topic:

Theory t-shirt (on sale) $35

work t-shirt (different one) $my soul

Eternal 811 $240

Vans Old Skool $45

AA hoodie $40

Persols $200

$560 + my soul