Sign in to follow this  
englandmj7

Airfare to NYC - Thanksgiving?

Alloh folks,

I am trying to get to NYC from San Francisco this fine Thanksgiving to see my little bro and after my extensive e-searching came up with a lowest price of $359 including tax......are any of you going to the east coast during this time period? Do you think it is a decent deal?

One born-and-raised New Yorker told me that Thanksgiving is one of the worst f'in times to go to NYC because of family travel coupled with the Black Friday sales, the parade, etc. I am a frequent Fatwallet.com lurker and know of all the cheapy sites like Mobissimo, etc. I am not worried that there is a better deal out there but I am wondering if this seems to be a good deal? Last time I was out there was 3 years ago so I really have no idea.......thanks!

:D

last year i had a friend that flew from la at the same time for around $400 and that was a good deal so i think you should jump on it and get it before they sell out every plane. and yeah thanksgiving is the worst time to fly to ny, i think it's the worst time to fly anywahere in the us.

Everyone who lives in NYC likewise leaves the city and goes some State else, so expect to rub elbows with tourists instead of locals, the night life isn't that happening, the streets are a bit dead and deserted. I've travelled once on a mad Thanksgiving day, the key is to make your flight as early as possible, mine was like 6am, I was at the airport at 4am.

the price is pretty good especially for that time of year. it is true that thanksgiving is the worst time to be in the city.

Ah, well I bought them for $370 each after tax......motherfuckers had one ticket on a great flight for $321 after tax and guess what? It was actually the last seat on the goddamn flight, and since I am going with someone couldn't pull the trigger.....aargh. Oh well, it should still be fun. Thanks for the advice dudes.