Restaurants and Bars in Paris

mufid

Hi all,

I'm going to Paris with my girl in two weeks and we'll be having our first anniversary there :) so i plan to take her out for a great diner...now the only problem is that i don't know where we should go...i've looked through some travel guides but they only list the more expensive restaurants for...older people ;), and on the superfuture maps there are so many places and i don't really know which ones are good.

So my question is: Can anyone recommend some good, not sooo expensive spots with good atmosphere? And maybe also some nice bars to chill out afterwards? places where you can meet young people...

Well thanks in advance,

Take care

Adrian

There is a restaurant called Bon, which has two locations. Pick the one on Rue de la Pompe and make reservations for the table in the private booth, next to the fireplace with the rhino head. Not too expensive, young crowds, great atmosphere.

Afterwards, grab a cab and head over to Andy Wahloo - a bar in Le Marais. It's not really chilled out, but it has an awesome vibe and very friendly people. People are usually dancing when closing time approaches, but you can also sit and chill-out on one of the couches. This bar is small, but very vibrant.

The area around Rue Oberkampf is also worth spending the evening, as it has a very young and laid-back audience.

Thanks guys...Georges looks amazing but also pretty expensive :)

I wanted to check out Andy Wahloo too, just because of the name

Tisswat, are you from Paris? You seem to know quite a lot about it...

aah nevermind i just saw that you're from amsterdam...i first wanted to go there this holiday but then we decided to visit paris...i plan to go there next spring, maybe you can give me some info about it then ;)