Victor Jeans from the Philippines

jubei

I was hoping to commission a pair of raw jeans with some of my fave details when I got there... and from what I've heard, he charged about P5000 ( though I'm sure this price changes depending on details, wash, etc.), which ain't too bad in my book.

That would be sweet if he had selvage denim though.

hmmmm... just did a google search and it looks like he just opened a store at podium. I thought he was only doing custom stuff. To be honest, the denim snob in me just got a little turned off.

But you know what, it's supporting a Filipino designer, so what the hell I'll check it out anyway this winter.

Hey maybe john11f or other SF'ers in Manila can check it out? I know that Podium is a fairly central location in Manila...

Link to article:

http://www.inq7.net/globalnation/sec_fea/2005/sep/01-02.htm

^^^I was trying to get this across...bluespring, right smack. Manila is a small place. the "hip" is supposed to know that someone is making custom made jeans. And they feel and think they're ahead of the curve but they're not. You wouldn't want to be associated with this crowd. Selvage has barely hit Manila.

maybe for those Filipino Sf'ers like me(exchange student for a year)in the states may bring dry denim/selvedge to the phils...i'm going back there in 2 months to finish the ex. student program..and i plan to share the knowledge to my friends there...just to let you know,there is selvedge back there,people just dont know where to find it...i remember i bought a levi's 514 in dry at the levisstore there just before i left for the states a good year and a half ago and it has served me well