San Francisco / Napa cheap eats

therealcas

Hello to all,

in a few days i will be traveling to napa valley and san francisco, i havent been there in a while and im kind of over the whole pier 39 thing, i was wondering if anyone here knows of any good places to eat in both napa valley and san francisco. Also if anyone knows of any good farmers markets to get any fresh produce such as oysters and all that.

thanks

Napa cheap eats is an oxymoron. I hear French Laundry is reasonable.

that's not true at all. there's tons of places in and around the area that you can get FANTASTIC food for cheap.

Thomas Keller's bakery (right across from Le Bouchon) is relatively cheap and FUCKING AMAZING.

ugh there's so much to list I don't even know where to start. :(

okay, seafood... in San Francisco, the best seafood I've ever had was at the Tadich Grill. This is the oldest restaurant in the city (it's downtown, in the financial district). NOTE: it is not cheap. Lunch will set you back $18-20 an entree. But it is fucking delicious. These people have been grilling fish to perfection for over 100 years. Seriously, spend the money and eat at the TAdich Grill.

other fave cheap eats in SF:

Siam Thai (55 Cyril Magnin St, in a hotel lobby near Union Sq.) -- delicious, cheap, authentic Thai food.

Mifune (Japantown Center) -- delicious, cheap, authentic Japanese food.

Yellow Submarine (above Golden Gate Park I think, I forget): awesome sub sandwiches, made by a Greek family that's owned the place forever.

Ugh there's a bunch more but I can't think of any right now. :\

Any Thai place will pretty much be cheap and GOOD for that matter. If you want really good espresso and amazing desserts, I would recommend Citizen Cake on the corner of Gough and Grove downtown.

It isn't cheap, but if you're just going for coffee and a slice, and amazing architecture / atmosphere, this is def. the place to go.