orange stains in t shirts

krookedskater

I have a problem with some of my navy shirts that are softer material like american apparel, they seem to get slight orange stains around the back of the collar area. It happened on my navy american apparel henley and pocket t, Im not even sweaty and didn't wash them, I wore them at the most about 9 times. I had other navy t's for years that were regular qualty thicker cotton and this never happaned. Is this something I just have to deal with? It sucks because it scares me away from buying softer navy tees thinking Im only limited to wearing them for a short time before they get stains.

I'm actually pretty sure its fading due to sun now. On my AA tee it's on the top shoulder seams and I just saw an auction for a navy tee that had the stain in the same spot and said it was because it was left in a store window display too long. This leads me to believe that AA and thinner tees have to rely more on dye whereas the regular thicker cotton tees, which i've worn for years without fading, are just woven with cotton of that color. It also seems to happen to navy tees alot