Must read Graffiti books?

Beautiful Losers (not exclusively about graff but deals with a lot of graff artists)

Graffiti World

Extistencilism (Banksy)

Banging Your Head Against a Brick Wall (Banksy)

Cut It Out (Banksy)

Satan's Bride (if you're into Neckface)

Street Logos

Stencil Graffiti

I would especially recommend Graffiti World, it's a big thick book filled with pictures from artists big and small across the globe.

- art of getting over

- AKA

- the art of rebellion I + II

- beautiful losers (graffiti going gallery)

- spraycan art (like subway art, but broader focus)

- freight train graffiti (hits everything from the first freights to monikers, etc)

- UP magazine from europe

- shepard fairey's new book (pretty unbelievable how much work this dude has cranked out)

there are few books out that have a lot of substance to them. a lot of the new ones like stencil graffiti/street logos/graffiti brazil just read like an inflated magazine.

whos going to under pressure?

there are so many graffiti books out there its hard to know where to begin.

i would suggest the art of getting over as probably the best place to start. very well put together.

style wars is a must see. and subway art and spray can art are sort of companions to style wars.

that freight train graffiti book is pretty rad.

go to http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/ for a whole shitload of awsome graffiti banter and gossip. (be sure to check out the channel zero section for hours and hours of entertainment aswell)

Thanks Sleezy. I've read ESPO's book, but that was over a year ago, so I'll give it another read. The blackbook format of the book is so genius.

Subway Art is such a great read. Ilove that era of graffiti.

I check out 12 oz from time to time, but there are so many obnoxious people on there it gets a little irritating.

Street Market doesn't actually deal with outdoor graff art but it does include a lot of indoor work by TWIST, ESPO, and REAS. I would also like to add The Buddy System by Barry McGee. Actually, make that ANY book featuring, or by McGee.