helmut lang jeans - italian cut vs. classic cut

jwied82

Could anyone tell me the difference between the helmut lang classic cut and italian cut?

from searching on here i know that some people have tried on/own both, but i didnt find anything comparing the cuts or really explaining either or the cuts.

Also, are there any other helmut lang cuts that anyone likes?

thanks

I have both cuts too. Both Have the same rise, the leg opening measured at the knee opening of the italian cut is about 7.5" and 8.5" for the classic. Both are tapered about half " at the leg opening. The classic cut is really similar to a levi 501, and the italian cut similar to a 606. I just measured them couple days ago.. they do stretch abit overall about half an inch. But i havent washed mine in months. If you get the "classic denim"(not to be confused with classic cut) they wont shrink too much after wash, coz they have been washed prior. The "raw" denim(so far the only helmut lang cuts i can find in "raw " denim are the classic and the 5 pocket straight leg jeans) however would shrink at least an inch after wash, so it really depends on your preference

Classic 5 Pocket (aka Classic Cut?) is probably my favorite cut, followed closely by Low Waist Contour Fit. I've never worn a pair of Italian Cut (I've only seen one or two at stores, all of which were too small by the time I got there), but the were definitely skinny cut in the legs, and much more tapered than the Classic 5 pocket. The Low Waist Contour Fit is pretty similar to the Classic Cut, but lower rise, and more closely trimmed in the thigh.

if you have a pair of raw helmuts and you wash em and they shrink, will they shrink again if you wash them again?

after you wear them they will stretch again. i believe they would not shrink beyond 2 inches overall. The shrinkage could go on over a couple of wears and washes. Tho the more u wear them the more they stretch. If you want them to shrink a little, just soak them in cold water and hang dry

hm someone bought a 31 or 32 and they shrunk down to a 28 .... stretch + shrink down even more?

my..... mine shrinked at most 1 inch to be honest and they stretched out after wearing again.... i dont like to wash my jeans so much coz i prefer them to retain that very raw dry look.

The Classic is baggier. Personally I'm not a fan, the cut doesn't flatter me (6', 175lbs). I picked up a pair of Italian cut and to my eyes seem more "normal." I have a pair of APC NS and I'd say the Italian cut is closest to that--a much more defined arse, straighter legs and with only a slight taper to keep them honest.