Denim fits

NatseOklim

Hey, first post here. Basically I'm pretty new to buying decent denim and I was looking for some advice on the right jeans to give me the fit I want. I'm 6'2" and 32" waist, I want a pretty loose fit with quite a small cuff so they don't fall over my sneakers and with a pretty low crotch so I don't have to sag them.

I don't mind paying a decent price for them (from reading the posts on here i'd guess I'm looking at a mid range price) and I'd prefer either Lee or Levi if possible. I'd obviously like some really good quality selvedge denim too.

A really decent amount of denim knowledge on here, I was very impressed.

Thanks for any replies!

Levis + Selvage + loose fit/small-ish cuff = Levis Vintage Clothing 501XX 1955 repro's raw, shrink-to-fit.

If you can find the Lee 101's double selvage repros, well worth checking out with left hand, sanforized, ring-ring denim (the single selvage are great too):

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/webapp/aeroleather/servlet/AeroViewPage?page=displayproduct&subcatid=106&prodid=597

http://www.wellgosh.com/acatalog/lee___101_rider_dry_jean___denim.html

You should steer clear of too loose-fit-small-cuff unless you're MC Hammer icon_smile_wink.gif

ringring, I took everyones advice and purchased the APC English jeans. Are they dry selvage? What does dry selvage mean? Will these shrink if I wash them? They are stupid long. Will the length shorten? I have to cuff them twice to get them to a good length, which fucks with my sneaker game. Also, how dark is the actualy denim of these jeans? Aren't some jeans 'raw' and don't even have dye? I don't like to wash my jeans, but they leak all over my trainers and turn my legs blue when wet or sweaty. Thanks a million for your help..

IDonTcare

unhappy... besides the length, how do they fit in your eyes? i mean, in comparison to what the others have been stating about apc fits in the other thread? the apc english have sparked my interest too.

I was a target cause I'm a fashion misfit

and the outfit that I'm wearing brothers dissing it

NatseUklim : Sanforized means they shrink very little. Under 3%.

UnhappySupremeCustomer :

Are they dry selvage? : Yes.

What does dry selvage mean?:It means they are unwashed (hence 'dry') and made from narrow loom denim.

Will these shrink if I wash them? :Yes.

how dark is the actualy denim of these jeans? : It's plenty dark.

Aren't some jeans 'raw' and don't even have dye? : All blue jeans have dye. Jeans made from undyed cotton will be a kind of light beige colour, although it's unusual to buy them in that state (they would normally be like that in preparation for garment dyeing). Those could be called 'raw' I suppose.

The indigo is going to rub off onto your legs and trainers until you've washed them a few times at least. (and even then they will probably stain white sneakers).

you might not want to wash them with soap, as it may pale the indigo. Maybe go for a hot wash inside out and hang them to dry.

If you want some selvage denim that wont markup your shoes, check out those John Varvatos selvage jeans on ebay. I'm not sure how they will fade though, if that is what you are after.

Live is too short for bad denim!

SmoothDupe: Sugar Canes - depends on what style and size. They are based on classic Levis and Lee's so yes, the front rise will be around 11-12 inches including waistband.

NatseOklim: If you're in London tomorrow have a look at Uniqlo (near Harrods), they have selvage jeans for a bargain £29 (US$56!).

There's also some selvage Lee Cornell's in Interstate in Covant Garden which may fit your 'loose fit' requirements. They also stock Edwin and GStar. American Classics across the road have Lee, Levis and Wrangler. Then round the corner is Duffer with PRPS, Duffer own-brand selvage, Lewis Leathers, Sunday, Atelier La Durance (which are also loose fit) etc.

Thanks a lot ringring, I ordered the Lee from wellgosh and they arrived this morning, I ordered them slightly big and although they're SLIGHTLY too tight a fit on the legs for me I'm pretty happy with them. I'll check those places out you suggested, thanks a HUGE amount for the help!

I thought they'd shipped the wrong item from Wellgosh however because they arrived in an A4 sized box, like 1-2 inches thick and it didn't feel slightly heavy enough for a pair of jeans!

good to see you on the boards as well ringring-

they are washed unfortunately, but again got a good deal so couldn't resist! the selvedge line is gucci red, white and green. pretentious to some other than that the gucci details are the leather patch, buttons, strap across the back...somewhat lowkey, but i must admit it was the details that drew me to these. i am on my way to uniglo to check out your advice.

the apc's are still unwashed, i am glad to see on other threads that they are getting popular, with your help no less icon_smile_big.gif

Red, white and green selvage is pretty cool. You're Superfuture's Official Selvage Pimp icon_smile.gif

The Uniqlo's are fantastic. Green selvage (also in coin pocket) and nice n' plain. They are kind of like APC's at a fraction of the price. Brilliant. It's like the cheap, tough, workwear pants that Levis were originally designed to be.

Let me know what you think about them.

When are you going to pop your APC's washing cherry? icon_smile_wink.gif

There's quite an APC following on here, they should send Superfuture some freebies icon_smile_wink.gif

hey ringring,

will definitely check out the uniglos. not sure when i will pop the apc's but i am pretty happy with the way they are wearing. the guccis sound pimpish but are super plain actually, only small details.

you could definitely help apc with marketing/pr, how many times have you been told that you are the man???

ringring - can you give me a quick low down on Edwin fits? I want to get a pair of Nashvilles. Are they reasonably loose fitting? i really dont want anything near skinnies basically. And do they shrink to the size on the label, or do you need to go a couple of inches bigger in waste and length?