Stussy jeans

rhythmandsound

grabbed this from edwin from the t-shirt topic:

"also. where does stussy make there garments. especially their jeans. i just bought a pair of their "contact jeans", some of the BEST denim that ive bought in a while (imo up there with many of the $150-$250 jeans). they say made in the USA, but id like to know specifically where in the US that are made."

edwin, just curious: how does the sizing on these compare to 501's? Would you know if a 36 is similar to a pre-shrunk 501 36? Also, any idea on the length/inseam on these? I need a 32 inseam. And those aren't selvage are they? I've wondered if Stussy and Supreme get their jeans done by the same manufacturer... I've had my eye on Stussy's Mason pant as well...wish they had those in tiger camo on their online store. anyway thanks!

rhythm...

the jeans fit true to size. but really fitted. not tight enough to count pocket change but just fitted. id say that they fit a tad bit tighter than a preshrunk 501. if you wear a size 36, definitely go for the 38 if you want the same fit. dont really know much about inseam size availability but i do know that they (contact jeans) arent "selvaged" (if thats a word)

by the way do you have any DS pairs of P&B in a US size 8-9? do you know if they are still doing business? they dont answer emails at their website.

Edited by edwin on Feb 10, 2005 at 03:12 AM

hey thanks for the info edwin.

and actually yes i do have some deadstock P&B's in US size 9:

-vintage black leather p500 plain-toes made for Clarks in Ireland by P&B when Clarks was actually still selling them (it's been -ages- since Clarks did any p500's and i was gutted to find out these were UK8/US9's instead of UK9's)

-vintage coffee leather wallabee oxfords, again made by P&B for Clarks. again was seriously bummed to find out these were UK8/US9's...

-also have a pair of deadstock sand suede low-cut Wallabee Weavers (which fit a whole size size smaller than regular Wallabees). These are UK9's but fit exactly like UK8/US9's. Again these were made for Clarks by P&B and I got them straight from P&B. Thankfully was able to get these same ones in a UK10.

-Frank @ P&B can take a while to get back to you. I'll try and post some more contact info tomorrow after work. If you're interested in any of those 3 pairs listed above i can send pics.

Edited by rhythmandsound on Feb 18, 2005 at 10:47 PM