Explain your obsession?

Ahlvahroe

Hello, everyone. I was wondering what drives you? Is it about trying to find the perfect fit, trying to find the highest quality, trying to stay historically accurate, having the most pairs, having better stuff than the next man, or is it like myself and it being more about "the hunt and not the kill." I am obsessed about trying to find the next item that will cure my want. Such as I just got a pair 2 weeks ago and I am already researching my next pair. So in other words; why? thanks

to understand it is to kill it.

that said, the sc40400n really slakes my thirst. a well-constructed repro with a twist of utter weirdness, very tough but utterly precious, what could be better? having a pair of black jeans on the way for variety and a washed pair for rainy days, my hunt is over.

that said, i do suppose i have a wish list slowly building for next year's purchase. thinking about warehouse duckdiggers for more weirdness, maybe those mutant SDA's with one leg RHT and left leg LHT.

great thread idea, if not somewhat scatterbrained, obtuse and diffuse. rather like ddml...

For me, it's finding that attachment that you get when you have a really good pair of jeans, which soon becomes your favorite pair, and then gets worn so far into extinction that you worry if you'll ever find a pair like it again. Then you realize after enough pairs, that you just have to know what to look for in a pair of jeans, and that once you put them on, their yours, and they've got the marks to prove it. It's a sign that your jeans are as attached to you as you are to them.

That's the corniest thing I could come up with, happy now?

It's really to quench my thirst for things that are different from normal stuff. To find something that is unconventional but at the same time better than the conventional. The fact that there is logic/history/process behind trying to pair yourself with the jeans rather than getting suckered to what everyone is wearing just because some actor was seen sporting them.

now i remember why i read x-men when i was a kid... those tits....

but, to the subject at hand, my goal is to find the nicest shit for cheap. its like a game for me. i blame my girl... shes a thrift queen. now i have 3 pair of selvage jeans that i paid a total of 50$ for. 2 rrl and one 501.