Anyone been to Croatia?

carrie1

Hey,

I'm trying to visit the Dalmatian Coast in Croatia in July. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to go or what to see? I was thinking about going around the islands by boat. Does anyone know a reputable company that does this?

Carrie

A good friend of mine did that. Apparently, they just walked around the city and several people approached them regarding island-hopping. Although it would be classic to get clubbed, mugged and thrown overboard in the middle of the ocean.....oh man. Anyways, Croatia is supposed to be fantastic. I am sure Lonelyplanet, etc. would have some already posted info. on the subject.

it is one of the most beautiful places to go to in europe. the level of tourism if also still rather low if you compare it to greece for example. however, the croatian island are much more beautiful if you are fond of the medieval times. stunning fortresses and other buildings over there i must say. you should definately pay a visit if you can.

• 2 weeks later...

i've been, shortly though, to dubrovnik, and i fell in love! the city is absolutely beautiful. the tourism level is much lower than in greece for example, as said, and it's also cheaper. i didn't much explore outside dubrovnik (i was there only for 2 days), but the city itself with its medieval walls and towers and museums is interesting and occupying. i've also read only good about the island hvar, other people have recommended that to me. i left croatia wanting more, definitely go there :) !

I was able to travel to the northern city of Rijeka during my few months in Europe. While it wasn't the beautiful south, it was still an amazing country. Definitely one of my favorite places I traveled to. I don't know if things are different now, but 4 months ago there weren't any trains that traveled all the way to the southern end of the country. I don't know if this will hinder your plans or not, but it's worth the consideration.