SWEAR in NYC

dnnsmanace

Well, I am not sure where to get Swear, but here is some good advice:

Zara just came out with that EXACT shoe, but imo far nicer, and for $90 a steal. It has the same thin "sneaker type" sole, pointed toe, broguing, and comes in black and white.........

Here is a pic:

14kkz2c.jpg

And yes, you could pull it off with a tie/jacket........but I would probably throw a pair of slimmer jeans in the mix.......

Edited by englandmj7 on Jun 15, 2006 at 10:16 PM

Quote:

Well, I am not sure where to get Swear, but here is some good advice:

Zara just came out with that EXACT shoe, but imo far nicer, and for $90 a steal. It has the same thin "sneaker type" sole, pointed toe, broguing, and comes in black and white.........

Here is a pic:

14kkz2c.jpg

And yes, you could pull it off with a tie/jacket........but I would probably throw a pair of slimmer jeans in the mix.......

Edited by englandmj7 on Jun 15, 2006 at 10:16 PM

--- Original message by englandmj7 on Jun 15, 2006 10:13 PM

I WANT THEM IN BLACK.

where did you find this picture? i didnt think their clothing was available online?

Yeah, you can check their site and click on "Showroom" --> "Man" to see pics of alot of their current stuff, but you are right: you can't get Zara anywhere online. I am sure if you do not have one near you, there are thousands of SF'ers who would be able to help you out in getting a pair.

Quote:

Yeah, you can check their site and click on "Showroom" --> "Man" to see pics of alot of their current stuff, but you are right: you can't get Zara anywhere online. I am sure if you do not have one near you, there are thousands of SF'ers who would be able to help you out in getting a pair.

--- Original message by englandmj7 on Jun 15, 2006 10:27 PM

awesome. but i only see them available in white?

^^ They fit normal, true to size. Not tight or anything.....

Quote: awesome. but i only see them available in white?

Yeah, you can see the little "asterisk" type black thing next to the shoe pic on the site, which means they come in another color (black); unfortunately the site doesn't ever show the other colors for things. I can 100% guarantee they are at Zara though, I saw them last week. Cheers.

Guest Airjamie
Quote:

Having never had anyone pick something up for me and send it to me (whom I didn't know), what would you suggest as a fair addition to the $90 price tag to have someone go to the store buy it and then send it to me in Georgia?

--- Original message by holeinthewall on Jun 17, 2006 11:08 AM

Actually, i live in south carolina currently but I'll be in san francisco in about a month and if i see them i can probably pick them up in your size and get them to you for cheap since i most likely live very close.

I am the black wizards.

Saw these in Santa Monica's ZARA store, so yes they are available. Quality is so-so. I feel the sole could come apart at any minute. Try to get the Swears, if not, these are a fair alternative.

I went and tried on the Zaras but they didnt fit. The largest they have is 12 and i guess I need 13.

Also I have been looking for Swears in my size for a while. Does anyone know where I can find Swears in 13 (other than their site, they are out of my size)

or know of similar shoes to the Zaras/Swears??

Well, if you are in Japan or can get ahold of xcoldricex before he leaves, Hare made some fecking awesome shoes similar to the Zara/Swears, I think they were under $100 too....

On second thought, you won't find a sz. 13 in Japan.

Hmm. Hare seems to be an interesting brand, I've been seeing more and more kick ass boots on Yahoo Japan Auctions. Any official link for Hare?

yeah, i dont think a japanese brand will have 13

any other suggestions for size 13?? im kinda looking for a shoe i can dress up, or wear with jeans....

I found another model from swear in 13, im not sure i like as much as the one pictured.... how is the quality of swear?

Not exactly what you're looking for (off white and less sleek), but these Certos (http://www.virtualclotheshorse.com/index.php?page=shop/flypage&product_id=205205) look nice, for $30 in size 13. Probably made in Italy