Paypal

Geowu

This may be considered off-topic, but it's related to shopping.

When using Paypal to send money to someone, supposing you only have an X amount in your account, and you want to pay the rest of the value by credit card, can you use the X amount + the rest by credit card on the same payment? Is this automatic?

Or does one need to either pay all by credit card or to make two separated payments, one with the X amount, the other with the rest of the value by credit card?

Thanks

When you pay for an item, it will say:

You owe: $60 for selvedge condom

Payment: $24 from Paypal account

$36 instant transfer from Bank Account

At this point you can choose to change the 'instant transfer' to 'pay by credit/debit' card. If the seller has a premium account they will get all the money instantly, otherwise it could take a few days like Flame said. Also, if you do instant transfer from bank account instead of credit card, I think it always takes a few days for the seller to get the money.

• 1 year later...
new question:

i transfered more than $400 from my paypal to my bank account. thing is, my bank account doesnt have the money yet, even though paypal says the account is completed. did my money disappear?

how long ago was it? just because it isnt showing up yet doesnt mean it hasn't taken place.

If there isn't enough money, Paypal will request money from the CC company, which would then transfer the money over to the other party's Paypal account. So yes, the X amount + credit card works, however it often takes 4-7 days.

what? it has never taken 4-7 days for me to have paypal charge my credit card, even when my paypal balance is at 0. it has been instant on both amex and visa.