Overcoats / Raincoats

There was the most beautiful khaki-colored overcoat that I have ever seen at Ralph Lauren this weekend, on sale for $500, but alas, nothing in my size.....

I am interested to see some pics of ones you guys have found/like as well as sub-$1000 brands that make nicer ones you may have seen. I already know of Aquascutum, Burberry, etc., etc. as I have done searches on Styleforum (which didn't have a very good post on the topic).

?

icon_smile.gif

Quite like this one from Michael Bastian. Not sure what it is about it, since it doesn't depart from the classic design particularly, and I'd previously never been a fan of the khaki trenchcoat. I think its partially that the material looks stiff (almost like Filson tin cloth or something) and the detailing is nice and understated.

MBTrench.jpg

(photo stolen from the Satorialist blog)

Edited by Yakboy Equals Nurturer on Jun 9, 2006 at 10:10 AM

Quote:

Cloak

--- Original message by CactusArmy on Jun 10, 2006 04:22 AM

Cloak is a great choice but it's definitely not acceptable as formalwear, and it's not cut to wear a jacket underneath so this might not be what england is looking for (I do own cloak outerwear and love it though so yeah if that's the image he's looking for I say he should go for it). For a cheap but nice alternative look for some brook brothers outerwear. Or barbour or similar. You could also look for some Loro piana wool overcoats, being mainly a wool mill they usually work for other companies, but their stuff is pretty nice and usually less pricey.Edited by Fuuma on Jun 10, 2006 at 11:22 AM

Edited by Fuuma on Jun 10, 2006 at 11:23 AM