do raw acne jeans exist?

i went into barneys co op the other day to get a dress shirt, and was surprised (in a good way) to find what i thought to be a pair of raw acnes. my question is; the sales rep could give me all kinds of background on acne, but couldnt tell me if they were raw or not. does acne have a raw jean, or am i just being taken for a ride?

raw, one-wash, in the end the amount of indigo left on the denim is still substantial and it's not difficult to create the contrast on either. unless, of course, you're looking for the papery feeling of raw denim. even so you can starch minimally washed denim till it feels like dry.

if it feels like raws, looks like raws...it's probably good enough.

Quote:

if you were in barney's you might as well be buying the dior homme raw jeans instead of those gay-ass acne's. acne is like diesel, but with a dumb ass name.

--- Original message by giantreptile on Jun 9, 2006 08:23 AM

Not sure if you've ever actually seen Acne's but they are a world apart from Diesel. The Acne Max's are based off of the Dior cut and basically looks the same except for the darts on the back pocket. Not sure why any comparison to Diesel would ever be made.

i just lump acne in with a brand 'like' diesel in that it's aimed at euros. trendy cuts and mass production. yes, the slim tapered look is officially trendy. and if you say the acne max is based off the dior cut, which i don't know, but that's my point; when in a store and presented with the choice of the original versus the 'based on' model, AND knowing that it's raw, then go with dior. acne has proliferated the high end denim market, just like diesel did a few years ago. so, 'like' diesel.

Quote:

I thought you were gone. And arent you the one that kept putting acne down for being too trendy?

--- Original message by Airjamie on Jun 9, 2006 04:45 PM

hey that's just unnecessary hating, man. the boy's gone and back and he's promised to be decent.

Guest Airjamie
Quote:
Quote:

I thought you were gone. And arent you the one that kept putting acne down for being too trendy?

--- Original message by Airjamie on Jun 9, 2006 04:45 PM

hey that's just unnecessary hating, man. the boy's gone and back and he's promised to be decent.

--- Original message by tweedlesinpink on Jun 9, 2006 08:32 PM

Actually, that wasnt hating in any way. I didnt even say fuck.

I am the black wizards.