Quick Poll: top 3 denim & top 3 fit

soultek

The rule is it has to be something you've at least handled/tried on. It cannot be something you've only drooled over on the internet.

Top 3 denim quality:

1. 5EP

2. Jean Shop

3. 45rpm

*Crate gets honorable mention not for quality but for uniqueness

Top 3 fit:

1. Levis 501

2. APC NS

3. Rogan Stasis

*Honorable mention to PRPS slim jeans on fit and quality

Guest Berget__

Denim:

1. Evisu No1 Natural indigo (the extremely slubby ones)

2. Regular Evisu No1

3. Ijin Material (the selvage models)

Fit:

1. Levis RED (the first collection, the twisted ones.)

2. Ijin Material J5202

3. Nudie Slim Jim

I aint gotta get money man money get me

denim:

1. Studio D'artisan 21 oz D-1177

2. Sugarcane 47's

3. Dior Homme raw (not exactly the denim, but the indigo is ridiculously dark and has some vertical striation, at least in the italian raw denim)

fit:

1. APC New Standards

2. Sugarcane 47's

3. Dior Homme 19 cm

I used to like more modern cuts like the new standards/helmut lang but ever since i bought my sugarcanes i've liked the anti-fit cuts even more, they fit my style better. Wish i didn't sell those SD's, didn't give myself enough time to acclimate to the high-waist, roomy fit.

Orange tab 505 (too bad they don't make them anymore)

Levi's 501 S T F--cheap and original

Levi's 512 "Slim fit"--sort of like 505 Orange tab with a high "V" in back and higher rise than the current 505 Red tab on the waist, great skinny leg taper, unfortunately only available in a really ugly medium stonewash.

Wrangler cowboy cut "Slim fit " 936: the raw denim is really cheap, you can get them new for $20 or less, plus you get copper rivets on the back pockets.

top 3 denim:

45 rpm

Sugar Cane

Fake London (their old school denim from late nineties when they still used the target logo...I have a pair that have proven to be completely indestructible...no fraying, tears, anything...I still actively search ebay for another pair in my size)

top 3 fit:

loose: PRPS loose cut destroyed wash

relaxed: Sugar Cane 47s

slim: DSquared Faith Rivet jeans

Denim: Lee 101B Riders 1944

Levis 501 1947

Pace P-000 limited

Fit: Levis 501 1947

Pace P-006 slim

Replay 942A Thuban

I dont know wether you guys have heard about Pace Jeans, but they´re a new swedish jeansbrand that focus on rockabilly styles and the american fifties. However, The limited ones are made from this zimbawean handpicked defoilant free cotton and spun into a redline selvage denim. The quality is awesome! They´re really as cardboard stiff as some of the japanese edwindenims (the new blue bells) and quite smooth on the inside. They´re heavy too i think like 14-15 oz.

I loved The 006 slim fit when I first bought a pair they fit really nice. Low -waisted, tapered leg slim in thigh, I think wore them daily last spring.

I have to say something about that replaymodel, just got them about two weeks ago. They´re not at all like they usually are. I usually think Replayjeans are the ugliest and most horrible jeans there are, but the are in wash, they look kind of like they´ve had six months wear and no wash. and the fit is very nice too very slim in foot and a bit loose in thigh.

Hi by the way.

Im David & and Im new here...

agree with xcoldricex almost entirely but have never actually seen d1177's, so i'll say samurai's VX denim (just got S526VX today and K1006M have same denim) instead. pure blue AI is really something special.

and for fit - jomon, kojiro and K1006M

Denim: Lee 101B Riders 1944

Levis 501 1947

Pace P-000 limited

Fit: Levis 501 1947

Pace P-006 slim

Replay 942A Thuban

I dont know wether you guys have heard about Pace Jeans, but they´re a new swedish jeansbrand that focus on rockabilly styles and the american fifties. However, The limited ones are made from this zimbawean handpicked defoilant free cotton and spun into a redline selvage denim. The quality is awesome! They´re really as cardboard stiff as some of the japanese edwindenims (the new blue bells) and quite smooth on the inside. They´re heavy too i think like 14-15 oz.

I love The 006 slim fit they fit really nice. Low -waisted, tapered leg slim in thigh.

I have to say something about that replaymodel, just got them about two weeks ago. They´re not at all like they usually are. I usually think Replayjeans are the ugliest and most horrible jeans there are, but the wash is kinda cool, they look kind of like they´ve had six months wear and no wash. and the fit is very nice too very slim in foot and a bit loose in thigh.

Hi by the way.

Im David & and Im almost new here...

I dont stink, but Im quite sure my jeans do.