Quality differences among new Levi's 501 STFs

walletboy

Does anyone know in which countries the current Levi's 501 shrink to fit that are being made? I just got a pair that says made in Colombia, which I have never seen before. I thought the STF were only made in Mexico. Has anyone noticed any difference in quality among STFs made in various countries? Which ones are the best? I gather that STFs are no longer manufactured in the USA anymore.

My experience with the Mexican ones have been better than the others, but still not quite satisfactory. I'm pretty sure there are some Made in USA ones floating around in some Levi's stores (I saw a couple pairs on my last trip to SF).

Edited by wild_whiskey on May 18, 2006 at 04:31 PM

If you guys dont mind, can you post pictures of yourselves in your STF's, from the front.

I went to pick some up but I look ridiculous with the high yoke(yolk?) and wide thighs. I guess after I soak them and they shrink a bit they'll look good but Im not completely sold yet.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZktothe

Quote:

I wear a 32x32 in pretty much every other jeans, and the STF 32x32's fit well. What size would you recommend if I were to rinse/wash?

--- Original message by ktothe on May 18, 2006 06:22 PM

Buy the 32 waist, cause it will stretch back when you wear them damp for a little while. You'll lose 3 -4 inches inches in the leg. So go with 32 X 36 just to play safe on the length. I washed mine on short delicate cycle, no soap, warm wash/cold rinse. Hang dry. They look great, and still have some starch in them for a nice semi-raw look.

i am a 30 waist, i bought a 31x34. they shrunk to about 31 on the inseam and waist fits nice (slightly loose) about 30.5.

i sat in a tub for about 25 min, lukewarm - warm water and let drain and wore them for the rest of the day until i went to sleep. (they dried after about 4-5 hours of wear)

they now fit me great after a week of constant wear, no washes yet.