-- Safari Shirt --

Not sure if this is what they are called since a search is yielding few relevant results....

I remember my dad had one of these back in the day. They are button-up short-sleeved shirts, usually in khaki or cream and have chest pockets and shoulder epaulets....I NEED a vintage-looking one bad....

Maybe kind of like this, but short-sleeved

shirtguide_ll_bean1.jpg

Anyone have any info./brands/where I can get one?

Cheers

Edited by englandmj7 on May 14, 2006 at 06:21 PM

United Arrows. Lots of retail labels here in Japan are doing Safari variants. I would imagine short-sleeve versions are available. I think you're best bet would be Ralph Lauren/Club Monaco back in the states. Maybe even J-Crew/Banana Republic may be doing them this season. I have a GAP dark-green one from 2002/2003, so I know the look comes and goes.

Edit: Found this one by RL.

pPOLO2-2447971_standard_v330.jpg

Edited by djrajio on May 14, 2006 at 06:43 PM

Quote:

United Arrows. Lots of retail labels here in Japan are doing Safari variants. I would imagine short-sleeve versions are available. I think you're best bet would be Ralph Lauren/Club Monaco back in the states. Maybe even J-Crew/Banana Republic may be doing them this season. I have a GAP dark-green one from 2002/2003, so I know the look comes and goes.

Edit: Found this one by RL.

pPOLO2-2447971_standard_v330.jpg

Edited by djrajio on May 14, 2006 at 06:43 PM

--- Original message by djrajio on May 14, 2006 06:34 PM

I agree that Gap/Banana Republic would be your best bet. I bought a short sleeved one from Old Navy(!) a few years back that i still have around.

Guest Airjamie

Oh man you can get those just about anywhere, start at the army navy store but if you want to go a little better j lindeburg has one at www.revolveclothing.com. Abercrombie came out with one about 4 months ago in like 5 diff colors, they eventually went on sail at around 19 a pop so i got one in each, great looking shirts although quality is shit IMO because they are made of their twill fabric which rips from jsut about anything. You might be able to find these for pretty cheap on ebay.

Thanks for all the help guys; I like the RL one.....I actually found one online at LL Bean for $20, think i will go with that, I only want a cheap one. Anyone have any idea on L.L. Bean fit?.....heh heh, thought I would never had to ask that....

Guest Airjamie

Pretty big, I used to have to wear their shit at one of my lobs, my advice is get as small as possible. If you like that fit that is.