SD-003

jubei

I've got a 2-month old pair on as I write this. I also posted a little bit of detail in the SD-103 threat, but in case you didn't catch that...

SD-003 is cut like the SD-103 but with LH twill denim. Selvage is purple vs blue. I'm pretty sure the warp thread is different (dark grey on the 003 vs white on the 103)... giving the 003 a pretty sweet grey/purple hue (at least when it was new).

Other SD owners have said their jeans don't wear in that fast, which is definitely the case with these 003's. These are also my main jeans right now and I highly recommend them.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a pair of SD-003s. They feel very soft and there is a tiny break in period. Since they are left hand, they are softer all over, so you have less defined creases (unless you use starch). As Serge mentioned in another thread, right hand molds to your body better and I agree with him completely ... although the differences b/w softness w/ rht & lht get to be less and less over time.

As for fading, the biggest difference b/w these jeans is the weft. The 003 has grey weft, while the 103 has white/tan weft. This makes the biggest difference since you will have more contrast with the 103 tan/indigo then with the 003 grey/indigo. I really like the grey weft on the SD-003 and think the jeans will look more unique over time, since few other jeans have grey weft.