Looking for a suit that doesn't exist

Thorns

I'm looking for a three piece, navy blue, two button, slim fitting suit in a size 34. I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist at this point and I stubbornly refuse to go bespoke. I could care less about linings and lapels and whatever the heck. If it meets the stated criteria I want it. Im like 5' 9'' and like 125lbs. Any ideas?

Um, other than the slim fit, isn't that the most basic suit you can buy? I have three suits in different shades of blue and I had no problem finding them......buy one anywhere that sells suits and spend $30 to get a little tailoring to slim it down. Try Men's Warehouse if you aren't too picky about materials, etc. Also Askandyaboutclothes.com is a better source for suit-related questions....fyi

Quote:

Men's wearhouse doesn't sell below size 36. And yes, its basic, but extremely hard to find.

--- Original message by Thorns on Apr 10, 2006 01:29 PM

They don't sell below a 36, but they do free alterations.

Haha trust me I've tried. Normally when they say free alterations they'll refuse to take in shoulders. And when they actually will do it, its not done very well.

What would you suggest as far as MTM?

if you're 5'9 and 125 pounds, 34 seems a bit excessive.

You should be able to find plenty of suits in your criteria. J lindberg, Tiger of Sweden come to mind in midprice range and they're quite slim.

If you can spend more, look at Prada, Paul Smith and of course Dior, though I'm not sure if Dior has any 3 pieces.

I'm 5'9 and 150 and a 38 US in those brands fits me almost perfectly. The only alterations are sleeve length by about 1/2 inch and trousers obviously. I would think that a 36 would be fine for you.

If you're in asia, they should have many suits in that size, and made to measure is always a good option wherever you are.

nairb49

Edited by nairb49 on Apr 10, 2006 at 07:32 PM

if you can take a trip to southeast asia, they have very, very good tailors that can make custom suits for you. you pick out the fabric and the styling. the price is super cheap. i have a friend who gets all his suits and shirts made in vietnam and they are super nice.

i can ask my friend where he gets it done if you want. just send me a message.