Replacing button fly with zipper?

zelah

I should probably just call the tailor, but I'm interested to know if anyone has done this? I've had my RRLs for coming up on 3 years I think and the button holes of the fly are starting to get pretty worn out, i'm worried they'll break soon.

e: now with pictures

photo1pb.jpg

photo2vqj.jpg

You can reinforce those button holes pretty easily, which is a lot easier than puttin a zipper on there.

I should probably just call the tailor, but I'm interested to know if anyone has done this? I've had my RRLs for coming up on 3 years I think and the button holes of the fly are starting to get pretty worn out, i'm worried they'll break soon.

e: now with pictures

photo1pb.jpg

photo2vqj.jpg

Hi Zelah I know you from watmm. Anyway, I'd just get your tailor to reinforce them - way easier job and more authentic to the original jeans! Plus buttons are way cooler than zippers generally.

The button holes on my petit standards are ready to pop after just over a year's wear so I need to do something similar myself. This is what I get for gaining weight.

buttonholes.jpg