denim design progression

klue

it seams to me that the riveted pant was levis most innovative addition. what do you all think is the best design features post-levis for style and functionality, and durability? and what do you think could be added that hasn't been?

• 2 weeks later...

there's a couple, but I'm unsure if it's post or pre levi's.. besides.. it's hard to say which year of levi's are to be the bench mark... 1947? 1966?

but I would say

-raised belt loops

-half lined back pockets

-reinforced crotch (not really innovative, but a huge plus in my books)

I love the idea of classic appliances being reinvented. There's nothing quite as classic as a 5-pocket pair of jeans, but it's cool when someone reassesses what a pair of "jeans" is, and puts a new, and practical, spin on its design. What other companies have done it besides Mister Freedom?

I thought when Levi's introduced the engineered jeans, that was innovative. They put the back pockets at an angle, for easier access, and of course, the twisted seams to me were genius. Too bad they didn't hold their indigo well.