acne max too tight

shinobi2000

Tried on some Acne jeans at Barney's Coop the other day in Chelsea. I'm absolutely baffled at how other people fit into skinny jeans so well. I'm 5'10" 148lbs -- I am in NO way fat or chunky, in fact, I've been on the slim side all my life. But I seem to always have this problem with skinny jeans, they just don't hang right on me. The Max I tried on looked like a friggin leotard. So I'm thinking, am I wearing them wrong? Should I go up a size? But if I do that, then the waist is too big. The Mic fit me just fine though. So that got me wondering, what do the other cuts fit like? Mod? Moc? are they just increasing widths? And where do they sell the other cuts? The only places I've been to that sells Acne is Barneys and Famous Friends, and neither had the other cuts. And while I'm on a rant -- what is up with the no hooks, no chair, no shelf business with the Coop fitting rooms??? I hate bringing in 4 items of clothes and not having anyplace but the floor to put it. If they want their clothes thrown on the same floor that pets trod on, fine, but I dont' like to leave my clothes on the floor when I'm changing.

I'm almost the same height & weight (5'11" 145lbs), Acne max fits like a slim straight leg on me. By no means skinny, just a regular slim leg jean and a little loose @ size 30.

Edited by Circa on Apr 3, 2006 at 02:32 AM

Another thing to consider is that they just might not look right to YOU. What I mean is if you dont normally wear skinny jeans, then seeing yourself in them may take some getting used to. I personally never wear anything baggy or anti fit. So, when my boy gave me a pair old and quite rare Levis I just didnt feel comfortable in them. People, I think guys especially are creatures of habit and get comfortable with something and change becomes hard. Say that to say this: I dont really know what you usually wear so this is somewhat conjecture, Im not trying to pass judgment on you, but... I just thought it might apply here?

N.

Hah, I just went to the Chelsea Co-op on Wednesday to try on the Max and Mic as well.

Seriously, I tend to think of myself as being quite thin, but I couldn't even get the jeans past my CALVES, both size 29 and 30. Never had that problem before, and I wear New Standards in sz 27!

However, the Mic's in sz 29 fit perfectly.

Quote:
Quote: I'm 5'10" 148lbs

That's really not that skinny. You're average.

--- Original message by AznInvazn on Apr 3, 2006 11:40 AM

bring on the male anorexics!

yes. that's fucking skinny.

jesus. i'm 5'10", decently muscled and without much fat, and i'm 175lbs. if you're nearly 30 pounds less, you're skinny (especially if you're not 16 with a metabolism that's off the charts).

Thank you TheGrapist for proving my point. :-)

5'10", 148lbs is low normal but still average so Azninvazn is sorta right. By those numbers I am not techinically skinny but I do have a slim swimmer's build, no big ass, no soccer thighs, so I'm just baffled why some slim jeans are too tight on me. Chromesquared's theory is well taken but once in a while I do find that pair that works -- (my Diors are ok), so I am used to seeing myself in slim jeans.

Back to question at hand, are the Mods and Mocs just fits with increasing width or is there more to them?