===Emerica Marc Johnson 1===

Does anybody agree that these are probably the single dopest and most influential skate shoes to ever grace the market? Now where can I get some?!

we droppin that hot fashion, mashin, lyric-lashin, unmaskin fake kats in acts, smashin the fact in one second flat, you could lose your career steppin here. .madlib.<u> </u>

Quote: Does anybody agree that these are probably the single dopest and most influential skate shoes to ever grace the market?

Most influential skate shoe to ever? Really? I don't know about that... I'd have to go with Vans Era. Shit is the first skate shoe over.

http://www.tragicbliss.com

Edited by TragicBliss on Apr 2, 2006 at 09:47 PM

yeah... i dont think its the most influential. i dont even realy remember them. sal 23s, half cabs, and anything reem did is up there. some early dcs too(dyrdeks first was hugly influental)

simplicity we use to survive, do what you doing properly, thats the way thru life

I'd argue that the Sal 23 was the most influential skate shoe, because it really set the trend for signature shoes.

Before Sal, only a handful of pros had signature shoe models. Then the Sal 23 came out, which paved the way for everyone and their Grandma to have their own shoe.

Hell if Dave Mayhew can have a shoe, then literally anyone can.

Plus the shoe itself is really iconic. So many shoes today still use elements of the design that is more than 10-12 years old. It was really the basis for the modern day skate shoe.

Other notables include the OG Koston 1, Natas' shoe (as mentioned above), the Half-cab, and perhaps the Etnies Rap. You'd also have to mention old Vision and Vans models, because those were definitely being shredded before anything else.

Edited by eastcoastrider27 on Apr 3, 2006 at 09:26 AM

alright, maybe i over stepped my bounds witht he influential comment, but still I mean the MJ1's were unbelievable. I owned nearly every pair of koston 1s after they stopped releasing the MJ1s, probably because they have similar attributes... has anyone seen anyone rocking the marc johnsons lately?

we droppin that hot fashion, mashin, lyric-lashin, unmaskin fake kats in acts, smashin the fact in one second flat, you could lose your career steppin here. .madlib.<u> </u>

DC is probably the catalyst for chaning styles (fucking huge fat foot shoes), but i remember when the kostons came out, people were flipping out. it was one of the first expensive (~$80) skate shoes i remember seeing, and it was looking totally different than all the other suede shoes people were putting out. before that, i'd buy a pair of maybe $50 shoes and think it was too much to skate in those since i'd destroy them in a few weeks.

haha, i always wear my shoes for a few days before skating them. I cant ethically let myself shred the toes up after just buying em. first couple tricks in the new kicks, i stop and examine the damage, by the end of the first session the toes haggard, and the laces are chewed. haha i love skate shoes.

if your looking for me i'll be on the block

KASTEL ALPHONZO RAWLS CREAM/GUM (FIRST SKATE SHOE WITH AIR BUBBLE)

DC CLOCKER 2 WHITE/WHITE

AXION GUY MARIANO 1 WHITE/NAVY/YELLOW

GET SOME WEIGHT ON YOU LIKE THAT FAT BITCH DELLA REESE.