skateboarding saved my life

Ronnie creager got kicked off/ left blind a while ago which is crazy......who is he gonna ride for?

He's become a lot more involved with the berrics lately and i saw a photo he posted with him holding a girl board and i beleive there was talk of an enjoi or almost board photo as well.

The guy is a smooth tech legend and i was lucky enough to meet him one time he was in Australia. Cant stand to see him with no board sponsor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i've been away from the skateboarding media culture for a while. maybe like 3 years or something. i still skate during the summer and watch videos on the berrics sometimes, but the only skate video i've seen in ages is the supreme video. no mags either.

recommendations?

need to get a new skate bag..

I'm thinking about a timbuk2 classic messenger but I've never skated with a messenger before...i heard it's okay, but i'm not sure.

basically, it just needs to be able to hold a bunch of stuff and have straps for a full setup .

any recs?

• 2 weeks later...

Skating with a messenger bag sucks. Even cycling with one pisses me off as no matter how hard you try, the damn thing always slides around all over your body like a baby koala gripping for its life.

I actually ended up buying a 5.11 lima messenger bag. I wear it slung around my back, and there's a cross strap that, when tightened, makes it *maybe* hug your body better than a backpack. It, weirdly, feels pretty natural when riding.

Skating with a messenger bag sucks. Even cycling with one pisses me off as no matter how hard you try, the damn thing always slides around all over your body like a baby koala gripping for its life.

If you leave it hanging like some old mans ball sack, yes it will be annoying. Just as supercilious says, pull that baby up higher so it doesn't flop around.

A friend just gifted me this deck, almost too pretty too skate on, almost.

UQUNXgG.jpg

I had a timbuk2 i tightened it up and just couldn't get used to it, the chest strap might be weak on it or something. I bought a SF freight and like that a lot because it had straps but it was a backpack (made for cycling) and stayed tight. However, maybe a mission workshop or a chrome bag with a beefier strap may be better. I'm glad it worked out for you! 

• 2 weeks later...

just bought and watched propeller. it was only like an initial viewing, no official review or whatever. there aren't very many lines, and the editing in general is kind of generic (the whole vans 'style' doesn't really shine through, it's kind of just...'artsy'), but it doesn't matter cuz these dudes shred...curren caples blew, but TNT, AVE, Rowley, lutheran, ripped. idk, worth the 12 bucks if you like vans. music was eh

Edited by Supercilious