Entomology (moths, butterflies, beetles, flies, crickets)

the past 2 months or so i've had this obsession with moths. i've been scourging all the taxidermy stores in the bay area that have an entomology department to find gems to display in my room. my collection is very little and i just pinned my first moth in a shadowbox the other day.

i'm not quite sure of the exact species name of this guy but he's related in the same family as the death's head moth (sphinx moths.) i just pinned it down halfway through the foam, cut the rest of the visible needle with some wire cutters and silicone glued ol' boy down. this guy is rad though, if you look closely on the wings you can see screaming skulls.

P1010996.jpg

here's my collection as of today.

P1020003.jpg

still looking to try and get some more saturniidae moths (large night flyer silk moths) like that large yellow moon moth pictured above. :rolleyes:

i got the fruit bat as a birthday gift, that thing is pretty rad.

all the moths vary, the cheapest one out the bunch were the death head's moths (same ones that jody foster held up to her mouth on the cover of silence of the lambs) which were like 55$ framed. the argema mittrei or the moon moth which is that long yellow one i got as a gift as well but they anywhere from 100-120$