peru :: general

avonalliv8

• 3 months later...

is there another thread on this? im sure there are others that have done this trek, but the search isnt bringing anything up (not sure if its still not working or what)

im trying to plan a trip and any insight will add to what ive already found

Guest Bespoke

Start of Spring when you go. Lived in Lima and been to Machu Picchu. Do the trail with your denim on. Instant fadez.

I would tell you to go to Cuzco for sure and enjoy the beach.

• 7 months later...

what else is there to do in peru (cusco) other than the trail? im looking at booking a 9-10 day trip there could be longer if i can find other things to do.

my brother wanted to check out the amazon, but the flights are pretty eppensive so hopefully someone has some ideas around cusco since thats where we plan to spend most of the time.

If you hire a driver you can make it out to the Sacred Valley. In particular, Moray and Salinas are both pretty breathtaking sites.

Cusco itself is obviously overrun by tourists/backpackers so you can make a night out of drinking in Tin Pan Alley and bedding a fellow traveler or two.

Also, for all the warnings about altitude sickness I didn't feel it too bad and I'm a light to moderate smoker. The only time I lost it was when I was sprinting to catch a bus and I blacked out on my feet for a few seconds.