Marni F/W 2009

Servo2000

again, brief selection. like this for winter okay - good toned down colors. casual-dressed-up. nice silhouettes - simple and just slightly on one side of the not-boring fence but maybe a bit too close. kinda played out.

00020ml.jpg

stupid pants but good colors.

00030m.jpg

again with the stupid pants but still nice colors.

00040m.jpg

00060mx.jpg

00100mq.jpg

favorite look from the collection.

00200m.jpg

I can see similarities and it's more apparent here than elsewhere but I'd say overall Marni seems to be quite a bit 'quirkier' which sounds awful but is nice. It shows up more in like the all-one-suit-pattern shirt / pants combo and the cut-out shoes from F/W 2008 (i think), for instance. Stuff that wouldn't show up in an Ervell show but is maybe mining similar territory with different results.

Ah, I will have to trust you in your assertion about it being mostly this season. I try looking over old collections but just can't do it.

For me, the similarities are in the very straight silhouettes, boxy cropped jackets, and hemmed pants. This collection does seem very aesthetically/thematically similar to what Ervell has been doing for a while (not an insult, just elaboration of my opinion).

• 7 months later...

Never made the connection until reading this post. But it makes total sense! Maybe that's why I love the two so much.

I do agree that Marni is a bit more "quirkier" because its more European and in your face. Ervell is more subtle about his quirks...

I wish there were more Marni posts on Superfuture!

Does anyone know where I can find the sketches that are on the ads?

+1 to an extent.

A nice, basic collection, most of the items are pretty good, if a little on the "u-huh, u-huh, u-huh" ho-hum side. Nice colours as stated, the pants DO look stupid, but that jumper it's with looks great.