MENS WINTER COAT WITH HOOD, PLEASE HELP!!

basura

That's not a peacoat, but a duffle coat. (A peacoat is double breasted with no hood and large lapel (for putting up against inclement weather while shipboard.) They are both usually both made out of boiled wool though.) Engineered Garments had a pretty cool take on a duffle (www.engineeredgarments.com.) they call the "Monty" The classic (it's longer though, about knee length) is by Gloverall. There are usually versions on sale at www.sierratradingpost.com. More version are available at traditional places like J. Press, or from the Gloverall site (www.gloverall.com, irrc). If you want a designer version, I believe that there is still a Margiela model on their winter sale (for a ridiculously low price given how much Margiela usually cost at www.yoox.com. That version falls about mid thigh. The Engineered Garment version runs large, as does the Gloverall (they are meant for thick layering)

Quote:

That's not a DUFFLE COAT, it's a Duffel Coat - named for the town in Belgium where they originated. So thereicon_smile_big.gif

H2B

--- Original message by thehardtobeatartist on Mar 1, 2006 09:13 PM

My bad spelling + shitty keyboard. Gets me eevry time.icon_smile_tongue.gif

This is my Duffel Coat (The other guy is right about the spelling) from triple5. With detachable fur around the hoodie. Only saw it for a month last November in the Lafayette store. Light brown satin lining, real bone toggles and nicely made and detailed. Was $300.

triple5duffel7sl.jpg

Adrian Wilson

Interior and Architectural Photographer

www.interiorphotography.net

Quote:

This is my Duffel Coat (The other guy is right about the spelling) from triple5. With detachable fur around the hoodie. Only saw it for a month last November in the Lafayette store. Light brown satin lining, real bone toggles and nicely made and detailed. Was $300.

triple5duffel7sl.jpg

--- Original message by Adrian Wilson on Mar 2, 2006 05:02 PM

Re spelling. It's English vs. American spelling, like "centre" vs. "center" and "colour" vs. "color". Both are correct.

i'd go for the gloverall,

i got one myself, picked it up at a vintage store, really cheap, great quality!

''I'm a street-walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm/i'm a runaway son of the nuclear A-bomb/I am the world's forgotten boy/The one who searches and destroys''...James Jewel Osterberg