What Does Your Workout Consist Of?

poopslush

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i knew you lifted, but didn't know you did so much cardio.

that takes a lot of discipline, man.

dark, i arm wrestle the loser.

Yeah but I get a little sluggish sometimes in the winter, esp. when snowboarding rolls around. Otherwise I just enjoy putting my ipod on and running, wakes me up for the day and makes me feel better.

Your on darkanimal, but you'd better not bite this time.

Its a suppliment. It improves explosive power and makes your muscles swell, but at the same time I've had a lot of people tell me it really dehydrates them. Its not a really good idea if youre looking for lean muscle.

Ugh, I had written a rather extensive response to this, but somehow the forum ate it.

And because I really don't feel like re-typing a page long response, I'll link you instead to a bodybuilding.com article that, though not great, does get the basic point across.

This should answer your basic basic questions. If you want anything more specific there are a myriad of bodybuilding/powerlifting/strength training websites. General rule of thumb being that the ones who tend to cite medical and or kinesiology journal articles are better than the ones who don't.

In all honesty, the truth is don't believe any hype, don't read into any shit about creatine.

I can't 100% say I've noticed any gains but at the same time I can't say that it hasn't helped. In theory it does, but I don't know.

[CEE] is cheap enough where I don't really care if it works or not, so that's what I use.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Looking to see what other SuFu'ers are doing to stay in shape...

Right now I am doing a mix of running (8-10km 2-3 times a week), cycling (45 min 2 times a week), and BW training (3 1hr sessions a week). I'm looking for ideas to mix it up a bit but I don't want anything that's gonna give me tree trunk legs etc... Can't be busting out of my denim! I'm 6"2, 185 lb. and I wear a sz. 32 in most Japanese denim ie. Skull, Flathead and a 30-31 in vanity sized denim ie. APC, Paul Smith.

Lets hear what you all do!

i've been doing p90x for almost 3 months now and i'm also concerned about my legs getting huge...i'm afraid that if i keep on doing the leg workouts and plyometrics i won't be able to fit into my skinny jeans...so i also need help with my leg routine...

I wouldn't recommend ignoring your legs as they play a huge part in core strength/balance. Squats imo are the most important exercise you can do. what I have been doing to try and keep my legs lean but strong is a few different types of squats and lunges (prisoner, jumping, sandbag, single leg) using only my body weight and very high repetitions. I do box jumps as well which help work the quick reflex stabilizer muscles.

I've been at it consistently for about 9 months now and I don't feel my legs have gotten any bigger. I wear pretty skinny jeans (APC NC and Skull5010xx 6x6 are my two go to pairs) and I haven't noticed them get any tighter around the thighs. If anything my legs have gotten far more firm and lean... my issue is that I want to try something new/step it up a notch while still keeping all the muscle I build very lean.

ms. sally: p90x is a dvd workout program... don't know how it as I have never tried it.

p90x is basically bodywieght but its in a rountine thats supposed to be really hard.

I lift weightts in the gym, swim aroun 4thousand yards a day and run another 3 miles. Im trying to get back in shape before school ahhhhhh

If you dont want your legs getting bigger just work really low reps and do more cardio. Do something like 8sets of 3reps you legs wont grow as much or at all but they'll get stronger. anything above 6-8reps will usually show significant signs of growing.

And legs are important cuz it connects to you glutes and everything, so basically weak or imbalanced legs will give you a bad posture, weak joints, it will hurt and affect you spinal erectors. and plus u walk on your legs all day, after you work out everything gets alot easier