5EP Waist Sizing

Sabrosa

I have a question for you guys regarding the waist sizing on raw 5EPs. I'm thinking about ordering a pair of the raw bootcuts, but I can't decide whether I would need a size 28 or 29. My Nudie RRDS fit perfectly in size 28 and the pairs of Earnest Sewn I have in 29 fit quite well as well (just a very tad bit loose in the waist, but perfect in the legs). From what I have read, it seems that 5EPs run a size large in the waist, but I haven't heard how this translates into their raw jeans when taking into account stretching and then shrinking after the first few washes. I really wouldn't want them to end up being to big in the waist or hips, so if anyone has any experience I would love to hear it.

Also, is there a difference in waist sizing between the bootcut and straight-leg models?

I have the 5EP raw boot in 30. While they were a _little_ loose raw, they fit perfectly after a 30 minute cold water soak. I also have the 5EP boot in the worn wash in 30. These fit tighter than the raw. I wear 30 in Diesel, and 31 in Earnest Sewn and Nudie Slim Jim. It sounds like you'd be fine in 29, especially after washing. If you don't plan on washing, go for the 28.

Should be okay. I'm not sure how tight or loose you like you jeans, but i don;t think it would be a probelm. I think the fits are pretty true to size. Stretching... all denim stretches, it just depends how much. I usually wear a belt so stretching doesn't get too out of hand.

BUT, i actually don't own a pair of 5ep, I've tried some on and talked to people about them - so take my advice with the proverbial grain of salt.