BAPE (A BATHING APE) IS DEAD

usaasu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

its oh sooo cool to post a thread just to let everyone know you wore bape 8 years ago. If you did, congratulations! You a real hero, being from japan and all!]icon_smile_shy.gif

If youre such an old skool bapehead, be just as foresighting now and let us all know who will take bapes place? I sure would like to know!

Please let me know, guru of streetwear!

Quote:

its oh sooo cool to post a thread just to let everyone know you wore bape 8 years ago. If you did, congratulations! You a real hero, being from japan and all!]icon_smile_shy.gif

If youre such an old skool bapehead, be just as foresighting now and let us all know who will take bapes place? I sure would like to know!

--- Original message by simonthediamond on Feb 18, 2006 07:00 AM

He lives in the UK. I'm sure he does, otherwise he wouldn't have a .co.uk email address.

Quote:
Quote:

He lives in the UK. I'm sure he does, otherwise he wouldn't have a .co.uk email address.

--- Original message by Tabris on Feb 18, 2006 12:24 PM

Yeah probably...

Quote:

Im Australian and got out to Japan 7 or 8 years ago to get that stuff but Im not bragging about it, just saying wearing and acquiring Ape then was a ton more fun than nowadays where all you have to do is drop your cash on pondon`s ebay store and its yours.

Whats next? If you like the way Japanese do streetwear theres always been hundreds of alternatives to Ape. Full, high quality lines with the same price point as Ape, usually without the resale stupidity.

Of course to rock Swagger or Real Mad Hectic or Masterpiece or W)Taps or RATS etc etc you do it for yourself because you appreciate it only a few others are gonna know what the fuck you are wearing. Thats part of the fun. Same as Ape back in the day.

Buuuuut, I got a feeling that you, Simonthediamond, ony rock Ape to show off, let other lame heads know you `know whats up` and are `down`. You wouldnt actually wear a hoody that ugly unless it had Ape written on it, right? yeah I thought so.

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

Quote:
Quote:

Im Australian and got out to Japan 7 or 8 years ago to get that stuff but Im not bragging about it, just saying wearing and acquiring Ape then was a ton more fun than nowadays where all you have to do is drop your cash on pondon`s ebay store and its yours.

Whats next? If you like the way Japanese do streetwear theres always been hundreds of alternatives to Ape. Full, high quality lines with the same price point as Ape, usually without the resale stupidity.

Of course to rock Swagger or Real Mad Hectic or Masterpiece or W)Taps or RATS etc etc you do it for yourself because you appreciate it only a few others are gonna know what the fuck you are wearing. Thats part of the fun. Same as Ape back in the day.

Buuuuut, I got a feeling that you, Simonthediamond, ony rock Ape to show off, let other lame heads know you `know whats up` and are `down`. You wouldnt actually wear a hoody that ugly unless it had Ape written on it, right? yeah I thought so.

--- Original message by MilSpex on Feb 18, 2006 07:26 PM

Auch MilSpex!! It hurts being called a lame headicon_smile_sad.gif

I most certainly dont rock bape. I have a tee and a tote, all bought years ago when bape was cool. But i dont wear it anymore because of its increasing popularity. Some of it, SOME, is still dope to me but not if everyone's wearing it. Haha YEAH you really know "whats up" and is "down" when you rock bape hoodies! Nice one!!icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif

All in all i agree about bape being dead, but i get provoked when usaasu blurbs it out like that. It isnt constructive and its obviously to provoke a reaction from someone.

Theres a huge difference between the way you say you were down with ape a long time ago, and the way usaasu does it. Right? You mention a lot of other brands and shit, some of it i didn't know and in that way you made a constructive reply. By listing alternatives.

Its pretty hard to get your hands on the other brands you mention when you live on the opposite side of the globe- anyone got some links??icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif

Quote:
Quote:

Auch MilSpex! It hurts to be called a lame headicon_smile_sad.gif

I most certainly dont rock bape. I have a tee and a tote bag i bought years ago when bape was still cool. Some bape stuff, SOME, is still dope to me but i dont rock them simply because of the increasing popularity. Hehee yeah you really know "whats up" and is "down" when you wear bape hoodies.. Nice one icon_smile_big.gif

What usaasu said provoked me, and im sure it was written to provoke. Or maybe im touchy??

But theres a difference between the way usaasu blurbs out he had been wearing bape for years, and the way you say it. You mention the other brands, some i didnt know. You made a constructive comment.

btw- do you have links or pics of some of the other brands' stuff? Sure would be nice to skip the resellers..

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I most certainly dont rock bape. I have a tee and a tote bag i bought years ago when bape was still cool. Some bape stuff, SOME, is still dope to me but i dont rock them simply because of the increasing popularity. Hehee yeah you really know "whats up" and is "down" when you wear bape hoodies.. Nice one icon_smile_big.gif

What usaasu said provoked me, and im sure it was written to provoke. Or maybe im touchy??

But theres a difference between the way usaasu blurbs out he had been wearing bape for years, and the way you say it. You mention the other brands, some i didnt know. You made a constructive comment.

btw- do you have links or pics of some of the other brands' stuff? Sure would be nice to skip the resellers..

--- Original message by simonthediamond on Feb 19, 2006 02:03 PM

Do I have links? the good thing about these brands is they`re like Ape 8 years ago. Theres not much info on them on the internet and you`re gonna have to do some hard work instead of just clicking.

I`ll give you a hint to get you started: Get down to your local japanese bookstore and go to the magazine rack.

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

• 4 weeks later...
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by simonthediamond on Feb 19, 2006 02:03 PM

Do I have links? the good thing about these brands is they`re like Ape 8 years ago. Theres not much info on them on the internet and you`re gonna have to do some hard work instead of just clicking.

I`ll give you a hint to get you started: Get down to your local japanese bookstore and go to the magazine rack.

--- Original message by MilSpex on Feb 20, 2006 01:23 AM

nah, who needs magazines? most of these brands "catalogs" are but one or two clicks away, and they got me gagging everyday icon_smile_big.gif