Shopping for new denim

Friduric

Hey, first post :).

I'm growing quite bored with my current wardrobe. I got some nice stuff that I use all the time, but now I'm 100% certain that I want a pair of good jeans to break in.

So I'm preferably looking for Dry Selvage, relatively straight fit (got plenty of rather slim jeans), fairly heavy duty denim, would prefer 14.5oz or heck, even heavier, but I can settle for a pair of quality 13.5oz as well.

Anyone have any good suggestions? I've been quite taken by the Edwin Rainbow Selvage but would really like to try these out for real.

I'm also a bit uncertain about sizes, I'm exactly 6 ft tall, and manage wear 32" in loose fits and Diesel (which seem cut extraordinarily generous for the size). I own mostly nudie jeans as off now, where I wear 33" in Booutcut Ola, Slim Jim and Flare Glenn. I also own a pair of 32" Flare Glenn which (surprisingly) fits. Lengthwise I've stuck with 32" but think I need a pair of 34" for a deasant fold-up. Like to wear my jeans low though.

Basicly, I'm each and every suggestion and advice I can get. Brands, models, sizes, your own experience and ideas. Would prefer to hear about jeans accessible on online stores or in Sweden.

Guest Berget__

Where in sweden are you located? The edwin rainbows is nice but the denim isnt very heavy, its really stiff though. Their rise is a little lower than i prefer too. I wear a 34 in almost everything. My edwins are 33 but i probably could have gone with a 32 and let them stretch out.

I aint gotta get money man money get me

Located in Varberg, but jumping on the train takes me 40 mins or so to Gothenburg.

I like the stiff/rigid feel to denim, not a huge fan of supersoft denim.

The stretching occurs on pretty much each and every jeans made, 33" feel like a bit much sometimes. So Edwins seem pretty generous in size then?

get a pair of nudie straight sven dry selvage, should be way cheaper in sweden than anywhere else.

or if you prefer a bootcut, the regular ralph dry selvage.

i'm working on a pair right now, awesome jean.

my other favorite pair are my filippa K dry denim. pretty heavy and rigid denim, but not selvage. really nice understated details though. I'd say go with the 33 on those.

nairb49

Quote:

get a pair of nudie straight sven dry selvage, should be way cheaper in sweden than anywhere else.

or if you prefer a bootcut, the regular ralph dry selvage.

i'm working on a pair right now, awesome jean.

my other favorite pair are my filippa K dry denim. pretty heavy and rigid denim, but not selvage. really nice understated details though. I'd say go with the 33 on those.

--- Original message by nairb49 on Jan 4, 2006 05:57 AM

Filippa K isn't a brand I see online. So might check those out in store then.

I have a pair of RR (pre-washed), not my favourite fit. Might check for a pair of Sven though.

Thanks for all the tips so far icon_smile.gif

Edited by Friduric on Jan 4, 2006 at 07:44 AM