the Blackberry Storm thread

poopie boy

Okay, so who <i>else</i> got one of these this weekend? So far the phone is off the fucking hook for me. But then again, its also my first Blackberry. I'm liking the browser so far, loads sufu and all of the images in the for sale threads very nicely. I like the email which was easy to set up and is very fast.

Have downloaded AIM and Flickr apps which seem to work alright as they were already on previous Blackberrys. Are there any other very useful apps for this shit? Looking for some free kind of thing like Google maps but don't want to download that if there is something better. VZNav is cool but I don't need that much assistance, just something fast that shows me street names.

Any other cool things I can do with this phone? Am checking other forums as we speak too so if I find anything cool I'll post it here, too.

yeah the blackers is ok, just not as good as an iphone. Reasons:

iphone touchscreen is better as it is more accurate, despite not having any clicky tactile feedback

iphone browser (safari) is much better, eg does tabs, loads pdfs and large pictures.

iphone has wi-fi

itunes is much better than the blackers' media player.

Most importantly: the blackers is slow! it keeps hanging, when you change orientation, when you load a webpage, when you switch between applications.

I got a blackers last week and I'm off to exchange it for an iphone today.

I was reading up on the development on the storm and it almost seems like they rushed it. not a good look on blackberry's part. my brother said the clock kept coming up when he was trying to type a message..wtf? im just gonna rock my old 8100 til it dies then get a bold i think

Haha, I don't need the wifi.. Verizon gives me great service in my area and the internet is fast. The Iphone has a lot of great features, but i was looking for a phone that had a replaceable battery, better camera, expandable options for memory, faster email, among other shit that I like.

Didn't think this'd turn into a "shit on the storm" thread but whatever.. I personally prefer the suretype keyboard on this thing to the iphone's, as well as the ability to send and recieve mms and forward text messages.

Honestly while it isn't as good as the iphone when it comes to user experience, I still like it. The thread didn't start off "hey guys, my phone is waaaaay better than the iphone, care to disagree???"

it was merely "do you have any cool apps to make this shit cooler" type of thread.