layoffs layoffs more layoffs

aitsuka

I'm laid off, tomorrow is my last day. Wasn't due to the economy though, this all happened months ago, my department is outsourcing and there are a bunch of positions going away, just happens to be a shitty time. I'm getting severance and will probably go on unemployment though, gonna travel for a while... gotta get out of the city, get some fresh air.

fortunately, I am still safe...for now.

but I feel really bad for people laying off. they are absolutely hard workers, with the perfect intention to do the company good

but because economoy sucks they are now screwed with mortgages jobless days

hawkeye, my company is the same, outsourcing to partners who themselves are also laying off...weird....keep it real man things will get better...I hope.

On the other hand I know many middle management types who contribute nothing other than a title and an MBA while making 6 figures who are being let go. I say good riddance, it's about time that economic reality set in and the ability to kiss ass/shift blame is no longer enough to set your place in a company. At least they are leaving vacant spots are going to younger, more hardworking guys.

I work in finance and I've been spared so far, but it's definitely stressful times. My bank has always been a sort of it's better to be lean in good times and not have to massively fire in bad times so there's has never been massive undiscriminated cuts like american banks have every couple years. everyone (myself included) is mad scared about their bonus though. It's been especially weird and scary cause since early september, most people haven't done much. Which really sucks because you would think ppl would enjoy having dinner at home and week-ends off when the norm is working 80+ hours a week, but instead, everyone is mad scared that they'd be let go cause there's no work. Most of us still have vacation time, but nobody wants to go and be seen as the guy who has nothing to do...

I really feel people getting layoff now, such a shitty time to look for a job.

My old man is a carpenter. He lost his, too. It's not just white collar.

Business is slow on my mother's end.

The hospital where I do I.T. just centralized their data center in a Columbia location so we'll all lose our jobs soon, they're just not giving us any heads up. Cocksuckers.

On a lighter note: Elizabeth Banks just made fuck-eyes at me in a dream...

banks_lead.jpg

... I made them back.

God. I would give my JOB to fuck this girl.

sucks one of my close friend's dad just got laid off too in late 50s... the mom was never the main breadwinner so times are tight for him, he just graduated and cant find a job either damn.. just trying to pull my connections to help a homie get a job. im just thankful that my mom or brother still have their jobs.

I got laid off 2 months ago, along with about 50 of my co-workers. I still live at home so the unemployment checks will hold me over, but goddamn I am getting so fucking bored. I go to the gym in the mornings and then spend the rest of the day surfing sufu/styleforum/stylezeitgeist. All the engineering positions available, if at all, are 6 month contracts. Hopefully I'll find something before the end of next spring....

Laid off February at the university bookstore because I graduated December last year due to their policy of letting people go after they graduate. Been looking for a job since then, interviews with other laid off people, traveled a bit, catch up on reading and collecting unemployment.

*Just checked my e-mail: Got an offer to teach in Japan :)