Chunky Knit Sweaters Thread

broneck

So there isn't a thread dedicated to this yet, and I think there's probably enough interest to generate a successful one.

So far discussed have been SNS herning's knits.

DS_855%20--%20BAND.jpg

Designs for danish fishermen in the 1930s. I'm really pumped on picking this piece up. Any other must-have heavy knit sweaters for the season?

Engineered Garments hand knit belted cardigans

d4ca9c3d.jpg

c55fc6f3.jpg

IMO though, the best ones on the market are from a small Irish knitting company called Inis Meain, and are available at Bergdorf, JL Powell, and a few other stores. Esquire's new Big Black Book for 2008 also has a nice layout on these types of sweaters.

They're carrying that Nom De Guerre cardigan at Nomad. I'm not a huge fan after trying it on, not a flattering fit (on me anyway). the overlapping knit gives the impression that i have a gut that is far bigger than the one i actually have...herning was infinitely nicer, same price.

Thanks for the heads up on Jcrew, I might take the plunge on the navy one.

What just about to say the same thing. I agree with Mouko, definitely one of the best ones at the moment, but I cant find it anywhere online :(

Don't think a lot of stores bought it. I only know Woodley and Bunny in Brooklyn. It's pretty pricey (I think retail is 700-800ish?) and its really long/oversized. Bit of a hard sell.