Adidas Columbia - mid 80's

Nice Touch

Does anyone in the UK remember some Adidas shoes from the mid 80s called Columbia?

Every kid in Liverpool (that's UK) must have had a pair and they were unreal. Deffinately my all time favourites.

They were blue suede type leather with a chunky, off white soul and were the first shoes I ever saw with the red, white and blue pegs. (no blue suede shoes jibes please lads).

I have been hyping these shoes for years and cant find anything about them online anywhere.

If anyone can direct me to at least an image it would be much appreciated.

Nice

Re-open the Quad!

yeah man totally agree with the quad thing !!! icon_smile.gif, what days did you go on and how did face school/work the next day !!!!, was it Quad 1 or 2 you went to.

the adidas columbia thing is driving me mad, we have been looking for them for nearly two years. one of the lads recommended going to dead shoe scrolls .com......i went there but to no avail. Where else can we get these top trainers from yester year...................ANYBODY HELP ??????????.

If i remember they came in boot and shoe form. The blue ones were called columbia and the grey leather ones were called galaxy........how about that for info matey.....love the scousers !!!!

Alright lad.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who's mad on the Columbias and that I'm not just experiencing blind nostalgia.

Seriously, I would lay down cash for the low top ones any day.

As for the Quady. Used to go on Fridays and Saturdays and to the 2 till 8 as much as we could afford. We grew up down the road and used to beg and borrow (not steal obviously) to get there. We used to starve in school all week, saving dinner money and buying one lose cigi to share.

I stuck that tag line on because it always made me laugh when driving past the Qaudrent Park after it closed. Someone wrote on the wall "Re-open the Quad". Then about a week later some else wrote "Ok we will". Proper scouse sense of humor.

We also used to go to Shelly's in Stoke and later the Blackpool clubs.

Where you going out round then? Where did you go? Don't want to sound a big ex raver but its not common to find lads who went to those gaffs.

J

Re-open the Quad!

hi,

re the columbias thing, i e-mailed adidas direct on friday and they said they have no immediate plans to release them.........but you never know in the future. keep your ears open anyway.

We started going to garlands the first year it opened which was probably around 1993 i think...it was great then...dont go now though....baby takes priority !!!!!!

take it easy and keep trying to track those columbias down !!!!

they have just released ZX 500 and 600 you know !!!