explain bape's marketing to me?

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

interesting article. i don't know why he attempted to condense "design" in such a small place. also, whether he needed to write this is questionable, because anyone who knows about paul rand already understands this. the author of this article reminds me of my history of graphic design teacher who lectures like she's reading from a book.

korn feat. ice cube

from my perspective... bape isnt huge yet...

your average evisu customer whos buying into the "fashionable" Ev Eu range doesnt have a clue about bape... he only cares about his replay and deisel shit

back in the day evisu was a cult brand .. hey dude whats that on ur jeans?? then evisu went mainstream...

now its . hey dude whats that camo jacket?

bape is getting bigger but it still aint popular . yet! i can see it going like evisu ..all the kids wearing the fakes ... we'll just have to wait and see

if nigo keeps his range to the bape outlets it wont get out of hand ... if he starts goin to department stores then bapes goin huge. but it all depends on how they wana keep the brand

I read half of what you all had to say.. Thought I'd put in my few cents.

I got into bape late (about 1 and a half years ago) but knew about it for a little while. I was heavy into the designs and crazy colored footwear, but when all the fake stuff started showing up in Detroit malls and wherever else I kinda knew it was done. I still wear most of my old bape stuff and still dig some of the new designs. But I can't picture myself spending that kind of money for what bape is now ever again.

It takes strength to be gentle and kind.

Something's got to be done about all the ripoff merchants, but it's not just Bape, you get fake LV, Gucci, Prada, in fact everything, even high street labels.

Thing is Ebay's not going to do anything because it's making too much money out of their listings, unless the companies got together and sued Ebay for allowing it.

Take all the ripoffs away from Ebay and you'd have about four genuine sellers, for Bape at least.

Quote:

http://www.hypebeast.com/archives/2005/11/bape_dyson_bape.php dyson bapestas... now they "suck" get it ?!

--- Original message by witts on Nov 10, 2005 04:30 AM

Thats one funny colour way witts. Just can't stand patent leather shoes

http://photobucket.com/albums/y278/andewhall/

Guest Fade to Black

This is slightly off topic...but since we're on the subject of quality of Bape garments, I was just wondering if Bape makes sweaters in anything other than cotton sweatshirt fabric? Like, does Bape ever come out with wool or cashmere knits?

Quote: This is slightly off topic...but since we're on the subject of quality of Bape garments, I was just wondering if Bape makes sweaters in anything other than cotton sweatshirt fabric? Like, does Bape ever come out with wool or cashmere knits?

There's some knits in this season's collection. Bit unremarkable if you ask me. Full collection is on the official website, www.bape.com