Irvine, CA this weekend?

proper_villians

So I'm flying in this weekend to get away from Colorado for the weekend and I'll be staying with some friends. Just wanna see if there's anything worth checking out this weekend. Not looking for places to shop - just trying to do fun things.

Any good bands playing this weekend in OC?...specifically punk rock, reggae, ska? Any good exhibits going on?

Thanks!

The lab is a really cool place to hangout and shop, most of the resturants are like vegan or all natural its pretty good stuff.

Just near The Lab is South Coast Plaza they have alot of shopping stores in there.

You can also check out Irvine Specturm, its like an outdoor mall with a movie theather, a lot of people go there to hang out..

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'm not really interested in shopping - the main reason I'm going to Irvine is just to hang out with friends. I'm just trying to see if there is anything worth doing or checking out.

On Friday, in SD at Canes, Katchafire and Iration are playing. Just trying to see if there are any bars like that in Irvine worth checking out.

There are no venues in irvine at all. Sometimes bands play at UCI, but they're only big bands and the shows are sporadic at best. As comaeternal mentioned, chain reaction is probably the best local place, but it really just depends on who's playing that night. Same goes for detroit bar.

There are a couple of other bars in the costa mesa/newport/huntington beach area if you're of age. Otherwise, it's cool to go out to the beach and just hang out. Laguna is fun to kick it and pretty close by.

check out detroit bar if you can't make it out to LA.

detroit bar is a great place for music. it's in costa mesa technically though. also, don't run out of gas in irvine, there is a lack of fucking gas stations for some reason.

Carve is in the LAB, they stock APC, wings + horns, CdG wallets, nike, etc. worth a shot.