Wings & Horns F/W 08

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

usually they have some killer outerwear

this season is pretty blah

There is definitely some killer outerwear. I can't recall the shipping schedule off the top of my head, but it may not be shipping quite yet. Either that or for some reason Roden Gray didn't pick anything up besides those blazers.

Wow, extremely underwhelming - especially after last F/W.

Those multi-colored tiger fleeces are an eyesore. They did some random multi-color ones a few seasons ago as Japan only exclusives and had some leftovers at the last sample sale. Needless to say they sat there forever which is saying a lot since usually anything tiger fleece is snapped up within seconds.

I'll be especially disappointed if all the shawl-neck fleeces have been ruined by horrid contrast stitching like the one pictured on StyleForum. I love the old-style shawlnecks.

Ya'll are straight trippin'. Underwhelming only insofar as not overwhelming. For this brand I think of underwhelming as a good thing. This shit looks dope.

They've done a great job refining some of their mainstays - the p/o hoody, shawl collar styles, the cardigan, the flannel (although, lose the zippers) all look better - introducing some new pieces, like the hunting jacket (I'll still take my Filson Mack any day, but it's a solid effort) which look great, and staying with nice materials.

I'm stoked on all the waffle knit stuff - I'm sure that it will be super good quality and feel great - which is definitely going to be my layer fabric of choice once it's layering weather.

Fuck that multicolored shit - those are just cutting room scraps. I'll think of that as part of their effort to conserve.

I don't know if they've really done a good job of refining the mainstays - the new shawl looks ridiculous with the contrasting and the new pockets. The only one I'd say they've improved is the pullover hoody and thats only because they haven't really done any pullover hoodies in the last few seasons.

The waffle knit stuff looks interesting but the problem is W+H prices go up and up every season and at this point they're way overpriced for just basics. The thermals and flannels are probably going to be $150+ and likely closer to $200 for the flannels.

Some of this stuff will be good to pick up at the next sample sale when its actually priced reasonably, though. Or when it sits forever on shelves because its priced way too high (like the shoes did) and gets marked way down.

Hopefully there is something more impressive coming in later shipments.

Some of this stuff will be good to pick up at the next sample sale when its actually priced reasonably, though. Or when it sits forever on shelves because its priced way too high (like the shoes did) and gets marked way down..

yup, places like steven alan have the entire line on sale at the end of the season

does anyone know when the first shipment will be on the shelves? or is it already?