Tell me about sandals

chronoaug

I've thought about a decent pair for awhile. I don't want rainbows or havianas or surfer wear.

I was thinking more along the lines of baguette's latest fit (the patent black 3.1 phillip lims?)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3095/2720516479_63afc54050_o.jpg

and munch crunch's fit (i think he said they were paul smith but i can't find em')

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s126/munch_crunch/fits/fit64.jpg

I wanted to wear them with certain pants (not raw denim), rolled up pants, and even nice shorts if i get them. Anyone have more ideas or info on homosandals? Boston wardrobe's ann d ones look nice but i'm not a fan of the thing just around the big toe.

I've wanted a pair for a long time but just never could find many. I live in florida so i could make them work for longer periods of time and don't walk dirty ass sewage/chinee market streets. Floss em' if you gottem

I probably would feel weird wearing them in new york, walking all over the dirty city, trying to get into classy places. I no have to worry about that though.

The_state- shuttup with that "men shouldn't wear sandals" bullshit. You've never seen sandals work well before? I've seen shit look decent in waywt fits in the past, lookbooks/runways, and elsewhere. It's not the end of the world. I half-assed asked about sandals in yes/no or recent purchases a few months ago, and maybe even in spring, but now i'm super serial.

men should not wear sandals.

why not?

i think it depends on your location, if you lived in florida, cali, hawaii, etc, then it makes plenty sense to wear sandals during summer.

anyway chronoaug, philip lim 3.1 made a couple decent sandals this year you might want to check out, they're probably on sale at a lot of places right now.

The_state- shuttup with that "men shouldn't wear sandals" bullshit. You've never seen sandals work well before? I've seen shit look decent in waywt fits in the past, lookbooks/runways, and elsewhere. It's not the end of the world. I half-assed asked about sandals in yes/no or recent purchases a few months ago, and maybe even in spring, but now i'm super serial.

sit your ass down. that shit is mad effeminate. just not how i roll. you asked for an opinion and i gave it. men have big nasty hairy smelly feet, i don't think they should be walking around in cities with sandals. it might "look nice" on a runway but i don't think it's practical. i see someone with walking on the streets w/ sandals and i either think "not from around here" or "corny ass motherfucker" or "fag", depending how it's executed.

why not?

i think it depends on your location, if you lived in florida, cali, hawaii, etc, then it makes plenty sense to wear sandals during summer.

maybe if you're a student or unemployed... then maaaaybe. but otherwise, fuck that, wear them to the beach.

Sandals are feminine but 75% of the fits here or aspects of them couldn't be considered that as well? A lot of people would call a fair amount of the posters here corny, or fags. Proud to be a member of that club?

OMC- i wanted those cut out jawns kinda bad for some reason. I should've copped from oki-ni when i had the chance.

i looked at those phillip lim ones but i'm still on the fence about the black patent birkenstocks that i'm guessing baguette was wearing

Sandals are feminine but 75% of the fits here or aspects of them couldn't be considered that as well? A lot of people would call a fair amount of the posters here corny, or fags. Proud to be a member of that club?

OMC- i wanted those cut out jawns kinda bad for some reason. I should've copped from oki-ni when i had the chance.

i looked at those phillip lim ones but i'm still on the fence about the black patent birkenstocks that i'm guessing baguette was wearing

don't start pushing anti-gay buttons. i've got several gay friends, but that doesn't even matter.

i think practicality is a important part of dressing. that's all i'm saying. i work and live in work in nyc so trust me, i see all kinds of shit, i don't need sufu to see my fair share of a metallic sneaker beasting, goth ninja draping, oversized CP frute swaggin mofos. i don't see these people and think evil thoughts about gay people, don't play yourself. i'm just saying that if i see heads rocking sandals in a non beach atmosphere, i'm left scratching my skull. shit just makes no sense.

omc, can you shed some light?

Well matched sandals can look better than sneakers, which belong in a basketball court.

but yeah, leave sandals for the women. sandals belong in the beach, or while hiking

wait, you make no sense. please stop. sneakers only for bball? who are you, tim o'reily?

sandals for hiking? are you euro trash or something?

th_state- I've always enjoyed your posts. I'm not trying to say you're anti-gay. But you know as well as i do that a lot ways posters wear clothes can be considered feminine. Not trying to insult you, but i seriously don't see what's inherently that much more feminine (in a negative way?) in munch crunch, baguette, or boston_wardrobe's fits than others. I think they have their place in certain outfits. I think it looks more bro-wear than feminine most of the time i see average people wear rainbows or some shit.

I don't know about that svelton guy. Converses only for the court?

alex, since no one has answered you directly:

from dictionary.com:

san·dal 1 Audio Help (sān'dl) Pronunciation Key

n.

A shoe consisting of a sole fastened to the foot by thongs or straps.

A low-cut shoe fastened to the foot by an ankle strap.

A rubber overshoe cut very low and covering little more than the sole of the shoe.

A strap or band for fastening a low shoe or slipper on the foot.

Thanks, william. I was pronouncing it wrong all this time. And using it as a verb. Weird

I know eluxury had the 3.1 phillip lim ones on sale awhile back but they're gone. Anyone else have a link to some or know of a barneys or bloomies having them on the cheapy cheap? Or other sandals like i was talking about in my original post?

In case you didn't realize, this wasn't a thread asking if sandals were socially acceptable or not. Trying to get ideas for sandals to buy or wear i can buy moderately priced nice sandals like jil, paul smith, phillip lim, jutta neumann and others i don't know about. I'm confident in my femininity, unsteeziness, grossness, masculinity etc...

headcoat- That wasn't towards you because i know you know MY TOES ARE BEAUTIFUL WORKS OF ART. What if i get my feetz did?

don't start pushing anti-gay buttons. i've got several gay friends, but that doesn't even matter.

i think practicality is a important part of dressing. that's all i'm saying. i work and live in work in nyc so trust me, i see all kinds of shit, i don't need sufu to see my fair share of a metallic sneaker beasting, goth ninja draping, oversized CP frute swaggin mofos. i don't see these people and think evil thoughts about gay people, don't play yourself. i'm just saying that if i see heads rocking sandals in a non beach atmosphere, i'm left scratching my skull. shit just makes no sense.

omc, can you shed some light?

i think the anti-sandal something is just deeply lodged within the souls of those of us who grew up in urban and urbane environments. i don't know if i have the words to fully communicate my feelings on sandals.

in my estimation, and i have said this on here before, sandals are for the following occasions:

beaches

island getaways

daytrips to africa

visiting family in istanbul

in other words, sandals are only appropriate, in my mind, when the social standard skews towards them. it is commonplace to wear sandals at the beach, or in certain locales. wearing sandals outside of those zones is forbidden, in my mind.

• 1 month later...