Perth, Australia - Nightlife

camc

Being that it's my home city you'd think that I'd be able to answer this question myself but lately I've been stuck in a bit of a vicious circle consisting of Capitol/Amplifier and Shape (not for any reason other than a lack of knowledge of other venues). With all the smaller places starting to open up it's hard to keep tabs on what's out there and what's good.

So Perth crew what's good for a Saturday night in "Dullsville"? (If possible give a couple of reasons why eg: Music, crowd/vibe, prices, design.. whatever.) Even if it's a tiny little place that never has anyone in it but is a nice space with a comfy couch and a sturdy table I still want to know.

oh god.

Perth Nightlife has a long way to go still. Amps/capitol was good.. between.. 2003-2005/6.. It is completely different now.. Sadly

Since moving back to Perth the only places i really go is The Queens, The scottsman & Must Wine Bar etc.

But I’m getting older now so that’s probably why.

not so much. tends to be a bit hard for me but theyre is definitely a burgeoning scene for breaks and dnb over here. i think its just coming back up.. a few years ago there were a couple of dedicated DnB clubs but they went under.. now theres a few more "nights" starting up again. theres lots of love for pendulum but i wouldnt think its from people who are truely into DnB.

theres a lot of shit, reactionary electro going down too.

he man no offense but anyone who is purely into DNB doesn't like pendulum. Most think they are sellouts. I don't even like the old album, not thats it dissimilar to the new. I didn't really jump on the bandwagon though. I liked them before they released hold your colour, that was when i was a true head

yeah im not a fan of them at all. lots of people were losing their minds about how good their show here was but i cant see (hear) how it could be. i heard them on the radio defending their new album saying they didnt think it was a more commercial offering. maybe its just me but when you make an album of tunes that are structured like 3 minute pop songs its pretty hard to argue otherwise.

hold your colour was mainstream enough. I got hooked when andy c was dropping tracks at the start of 2005. Yeh but it is somewhat true that they sound very poppy. I had a couple of friends see one of the last shoes in perth.. bleh i reckon

• 2 months later...

i could of sworn i did

> >

< <

after... shifty eyes same shit. I dont think id reccomend those places on anything other than sheer amount of drunk girls/overall trashiness. Though i did go to the deen on sat night heh.

someone reccomend a chilled weekday place but one that doesn't cater to a mainly older crowd?