worst denim/trend/hype/

cheapmuthafukr

Quote:

i still like dunks. 2 tone lows please. pre-2002 nylon tongues if possible.

i hate.

super chunky tongues

brand whoring head to toe

muscle tees muscle, especially with baggy jeans

--- Original message by edwin on Oct 21, 2005 12:16 PM

I hear you on the tongues. That is a great thing about the nikes.

Lakai also makes nice kicks with thinner tongues.

Crailtap had a cool instructional on how to remove the foam from tongues a while back. It works.

Just slice the inside of the tongue and remove the foam, then tape or sticker over the slice. You won't believe how big the sponge is in there!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

you know... i realized that this is all bullshit... ok heres what i really hate

consumerisim

marketing

branding of everything

the fact that people i see every day dont have a place to sleep at night when other people can go to college on thier parents dime and spend 700$ on some fucking jeans

television

radio besides npr

the fact that america is no longer a producer nation and became a consumer in the 70's... which is why you have to go and spend 300$ for japaneese levis rip offs and the same for levis lvc, which could be made here cheaply if people knew the difference between quality and hype

--- Original message by cheapmuthafukr on Oct 21, 2005 11:57 AM

Regarding your entire post, what the fuck are you talking about??

Another thing

"the fact that people i see every day dont have a place to sleep at night when other people can go to college on thier parents dime and spend 700$ on some fucking jeans"

As if these people aren't challenged either??

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Diamond Dunks and Diamond tees if you don't skate.

If you don't need bolts fuck off.

--- Original message by Nate Lyons on Oct 20, 2005 12:09 PM

One of the more ignorant thing I've read. Does that mean a person can't wear Jordans if they don't play basketball, or you can't wear a Polo shirt cuz you don't ride a horse and hit a ball with a long mallet.

--- Original message by Bing Bing on Oct 20, 2005 02:20 PM

Clueless maybe?

The fact is that these days (past 10 years actually) skating is hip. It grosses me the fuck out because it's getting raped and the branding circus is out of control. It's different than basketball or polo. If you don't understand the world of skateboard branding, trade shows, etc. don't bother to speak on it.

--- Original message by Nate Lyons on Oct 21, 2005 11:24 AM

I understand the skate-branding, DIY, make-something-outta-nothing steez and how people gravitate toward against the grain mentality. I'm just saying people should be able to rock what they want regardless of reason. I don't skate, I rock Diamond cuz I get that shit for free. What.

I'm so self-conscious...

when it comes down to it, base your decisions around quality and you will never go wrong. if you can't skate in it, don't run it.... if that is the real nate lyons from chicago, dope. and for the rest of y'all, you have to be real good to pull off some dunk lows.

I AM LEISURE.

Quote: One of the most irritating things that most ppl just buy clothes for the big logo that says PRADA or GUCCI or something like that...

although there are definitely the people that buy that sort of thing for the status of wearing an obvious designer item, but there are also others that like the asthetics of a large logo like that. I dont wear gucci or prada but i wouldnt mind a piece with a huge gucci G, or even the stussy mock :P

Quote:

This website

College gear (Hollister etc.)

APC

British people

Chuck Taylors

Dunks

Hats that aren't navy and white and don't have an NY on them

Nom de Guerre

Lower Manhattan

That filthy spic Aron- the Don

Popped collars when you don't play rugby

Overpriced beers

T shirts that have pictures of sneakers on them and then wearing the matching sneaker. You get slapped with the tooly if I catch you tryna pull that.

Edited by Francis Begbie on Oct 20, 2005 at 07:46 PM

--- Original message by Francis Begbie on Oct 20, 2005 07:37 PM

umm is calling him a filthy spic some kind of bad joke?

its not cool

Quote:

dont attach to his nuts now postaddict boy and yea it does get to me when i think about what cheapmuthafuckr said

--- Original message by emrinderForgotHisPassword on Oct 21, 2005 08:05 PM

im not attaching to his nuts fool. im saying youre dumb for calling people out in a thread about trends. or maybe youre just TOUGH for calling people out.

laugh.gif

DOES WHAT I SAY INTEREST YOU?

I am available for employment,

full time, part time, & consulting, depending on the numbers

I am willing to work for major companies, brands, stores, and magazines

possibly whereever you want me to work, or what gap you need filled is up for discussion, from working directly with clothes to freelance writing

feel free to inquire about anything

contact email: [email protected]

laugh.gif

Irony at its best. The guy who rags on like 100 things that are basically styles wholly out of his desired look is alright, but the guy who tells him to stop being an over-sensitive baby is the hater. laugh.gif

DOES WHAT I SAY INTEREST YOU?

I am available for employment,

full time, part time, & consulting, depending on the numbers

I am willing to work for major companies, brands, stores, and magazines

possibly whereever you want me to work, or what gap you need filled is up for discussion, from working directly with clothes to freelance writing

feel free to inquire about anything

contact email: [email protected]

Quote:

no buddy i make posts for good reasons not that youve seen all of them because you been here a month

--- Original message by emrinderForgotHisPassword on Oct 22, 2005 08:51 PM

true. youre better than me. i lose, you win. right? theres no way i can penetrate your stupidity enough to get you to realize the idiot you really are.

whatever im done, i guess im an idiot too. im fighting with some fool on a message board.

Edited by adsurgo on Oct 23, 2005 at 08:09 AM

metal_mulisha.jpg

lifted trucks

iron crosses

dirtbikes

spiked black hair with a bottle of gel

pretty much anything related to the moto/truck bullshit

hair over your face

emo bands

black framed glasses (classic but emo kids are playin it)

skin tight jeans

people who floss their diesels

pharrell tryin to rep skateboarding (poser)

Dunk SB heads (nike makes other shoes people)

Kaws (am i the only one who thinks his shit sux?)

metrosexual haircuts

clothing/shoe collaborations

limited edition

paying more than $100 for shoes that arent vintage

Edited by ramoer on Oct 23, 2005 at 02:04 PM

Edited by ramoer on Oct 23, 2005 at 02:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: rainbow explosion of tacky monogram

I feel ya on this one. how can a multitude of colors on a glaring monogram be nice?

--- Original message by DJ_Flame on Oct 20, 2005 10:04 AM

hahhaha, i dont think it can??

though i wonder how many of the guys here would feel if you applied that same concept to their precious baby milo digs..

--- Original message by shoegal on Oct 20, 2005 10:14 AM

wow, i admire you, while asian girls are eating up the collabo on the LV and kids swallow baby milo's dick...

you got some balls to say that shit on this forum.....

Quote:

Hating on something like big logos yet you look like you got your 'style tips' from the latest boy band?

really? what do they look like?? i dont have a tv, or listen to the radio, or look at magazines.... if thats what i look like its not cause im trying. im broke man... i have child support payments, bills, i cant drop 500 on some jeans. i wear what i like, and what looks good on me... and what i can find at fucking thrift stores

--- Original message by cheapmuthafukr on Oct 20, 2005 02:02 PM

word

Quote:

This website

College gear (Hollister etc.)

APC

British people

Chuck Taylors

Dunks

Hats that aren't navy and white and don't have an NY on them

Nom de Guerre

Lower Manhattan

That filthy spic Aron- the Don

Popped collars when you don't play rugby

Overpriced beers

T shirts that have pictures of sneakers on them and then wearing the matching sneaker. You get slapped with the tooly if I catch you tryna pull that.

Edited by Francis Begbie on Oct 20, 2005 at 07:46 PM

--- Original message by Francis Begbie on Oct 20, 2005 07:37 PM

why r u on it?

Quote:

been here longer than you too robertjan back when there werent any gay ass threads like this one. peace, i'm out faggots

--- Original message by emrinderForgotHisPassword on Oct 23, 2005 11:03 AM

if you are still here and not pussy footing in some corner someone feeling emo...please heed my previous notions that hating on someone because of some stupid ass reason of being here a month earlier makes you any more godlike. what gives you brownie points on thsi board is being knoweldgeable about denim and being nice enough to share your knowledge and not bitching out everyone you see.

chwa?