Let's talk about BLACK COATED JEANS

wutssup

If you are having trouble finding/dont want to splash out on black coated jeans, you can do it yourself by painting them with black acrylic paint. That is essentially what nudie and acne do and it looks pretty sweet. My brother did it to a pair of cheaper ones as a little experiment and they looked great.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love the subtle shine of them. i really want to get some, but can anyone comment on how they feel on compared to other jeans?

i can't help but think it'd get a little warm in pants coated in wax or plastic...doesn't sound so breathable...

but i'm guessing it's probably a thin enough layer to not really make much of a difference.....right?

If you are having trouble finding/dont want to splash out on black coated jeans, you can do it yourself by painting them with black acrylic paint. That is essentially what nudie and acne do and it looks pretty sweet. My brother did it to a pair of cheaper ones as a little experiment and they looked great.

Pics?

Would it not wear off easily?

I have a skinny pair by Black Ring. Bought them off member, sleazie here. Never heard of the brand before but they're nice.

Guest jmatsu
I have a skinny pair by Black Ring. Bought them off member, sleazie here. Never heard of the brand before but they're nice.

once upon a time, they belonged to me. don't worry, i didnt go commando in those.

Didn't know we were the same size. I'll be sure to look out for any denim sales of your's

Guest jmatsu
Didn't know we were the same size. I'll be sure to look out for any denim sales of your's

they fit great in the legs, but dont you find the waist alittle big in proportion?

mm has some of the nicest black coated denim ever, but they are just a straight leg fit. did anyone mention this yet?

they fit great in the legs, but dont you find the waist alittle big in proportion?

mm has some of the nicest black coated denim ever, but they are just a straight leg fit. did anyone mention this yet?

I know what you mean. I have weird proportions though. I'm pretty slim and 6ft, but i have a 31-32 waist compared to others i know with similar proportions and a 30waist. The rise is really low so they work out well, plus my basketball playing legs appreciate the extra thigh room.

there are better ways to coat jeans...

damn, i cant find the picture of the actual process of how mm painted their jeans. seems like they were plastered on a blank wall and hand-painted black all over. (does anyone have this picture? i have seen it before floating on the net.)

they do make one of the stiffest coated black denim... i remember holding one and it feels so stiff! but i read that they wear down very nicely with interesting fades and combs.

8.jpg

not really black coated but these are the ones which are white painted levis 501s. as worn by ryan mcginley. really nice laidback profile.

Member designersheep is selling a used pair of the grey painted mm jeans. Pretty nice looking in the up close shots

Pics?

Would it not wear off easily?

Il get him to take some pics. Acrylic paint really is nasty stuff to get off with water esp the more expensive brands and it has just kinda bonded into the fabric. I think he also mixed it with a small amount of screen printing retardent to give it a slight rubbery sheen(simillar to what a screened shirt is like just not as thick). They have not been worn or washed much at all tho, as between us we have much nicer pairs

dumb question but I can never tell which drkshdw jeans are coated

on diabro for example it doesn't mention that any of them are coated

is this because they don't carry coated drkshdw denim or just because they don't label correctly, I've noticed they stuggle a bit with descriptions sometimes

edit: also can anyone tell me where i can find an english site the carries coated superfine jeans?