what shoes?

kunk75

hating on kva seems like a popular sufu sentiment.

KVA does an expensive, ornamented menswear with pretty flourishes of detail that is irrellevent to Superfuture, it is seen more at home with other priveliged European luxe. You're just in a different income bracket to theblinding ;)

My take on the whole thing...

Dior Homme marketed a strung out rent boy aesthetic that, in ideology, was diametrically opposed to what KVA is doing (priveliged, rich and beautiful). In reality, Hedi / LVMH was price-gouging rich people with polished packaged street cred. In a lot of ways, KVA's DH is more honest than Hedi's.

But it's not really about the Dior Homme customer, who is only a small percentage of DH admirers. Dior Homme's canonised cool reached all the way into the hights and depths of pop culture. Its that aspirational customer that is now lost without a halo brand that spits vitriol against KVA.

I didn't like those Dell'Acquas at first, but I saw someone a-struttin' down the street with em and ended up wanting my own pair. Not diggin' the branding on the midsole, though.

I could imagine you crushing skulls in Red Wing 8165s. That's a good look.

i actually bought a few KVA pieces but wound up returning all but a pair of blue causal/drawstring pants. for someone known for tailoring, i didn't find the fits all too great and i didn't like the DSquared vibe of his last show but i do really like the footwear and some of his more streetwear/casual stuff. but again, it appears i'm assed-out cause i can't find any place that stocks his footwear besides luis v and diabro (small sizes).

KVA does an expensive, ornamented menswear with pretty flourishes of detail that is irrellevent to Superfuture, it is seen more at home with other priveliged European luxe. You're just in a different income bracket to theblinding ;)

My take on the whole thing...

Dior Homme marketed a strung out rent boy aesthetic that, in ideology, was diametrically opposed to what KVA is doing (priveliged, rich and beautiful). In reality, Hedi / LVMH was price-gouging rich people with polished packaged street cred. In a lot of ways, KVA's DH is more honest than Hedi's.

But it's not really about the Dior Homme customer, who is only a small percentage of DH admirers. Dior Homme's canonised cool reached all the way into the hights and depths of pop culture. Its that aspirational customer that is now lost without a halo brand that spits vitriol against KVA.

Guest jmatsu

powerviolence bought a pair of cheap kenneth coles which resemble the p. hardys. from his fits they looked pretty nice. pretty certain that they make big sizes. cheap too, if you can live with the label stigma. the sole looks similar to cp/lanvins, but i never seen them up close...let alone been in a kc shop.

jeep, if you were really desperate for the cp, you could shove some shoe trees in a 46 and treat them with leather softener. i am so desperate for the white highs i may do this with the 45. the sole is roughly the same on 45 and 46 though the insole is a bit different.

i finally decided last week to cop them and when online and of course, 13 was gone.

powerviolence bought a pair of cheap kenneth coles which resemble the p. hardys. from his fits they looked pretty nice. pretty certain that they make big sizes. cheap too, if you can live with the label stima. the sole looks similar to cp/lanvins, but i never seen them up close...let alone been in a kc shop.

jeep, if you were really desperate for the cp, you could shove some shoe trees in a 46 and treat them with leather softener. i am so desperate for the white highs i may do this with the 45. the sole is roughly the same on 45 and 46 though the insole is a bit different.

Ehh, I'm not so inclined to buy a pair of shoes that have no guarantee of fitting even after all that work put into them (which will severely devalue them come the moment of resell)

I is fucked.