Amsterdamn

aak

I've run a search and the only threads I found were mainly to do with amsterdam's shopping destinations. I plan to do all but no shopping on this trip!

Myself and 2 friends will be staying roughly 15mins commute by train outside the city centre and we're looking for some good restuarants, chilled/not-so-seedy coffeeshops and any other sights worth seeing. We are obviously going to pass through the red light district for a look but I don't plan to spend alot of time there. Any cool clubs or pubs worth seeing? We're mainly just looking for good food, good beer and a good time. Can any 'dam locals shed some light on this for me?

Also, if there are any half decent cheap places to stay more central, that would also be appreciated!

puss å kram!

Can give you some info about the coffeeshops, stay away from the coffeeshops in the center of town where all the tourists are going. They will fucking rip you off. A good price for 1 gram is 6 to 7 euros. I'm not from Amsterdam but best to ask a local where to buy good weed for a decent price.

• 3 weeks later...

alright fair call astrowolf. i can imagine the locals of amsterdam would get truely annoyed with all these questions. im heading there from sunday onwards. just going to wing it and hopefully we have a ball. keen on seeing the van gogh museum for some inspiration. definately not going to be those annoying tourists pricks smoking in public and jerking off in the RLD.

Check out:

Van Gogh Museum

Rembrants House. (Cool, has his art in there.)

Heinekin Brewing Factory( Cool little tour with 3 free beers.)

Anne Franks House (this is actuualy interesting and nice to see.)

Red Light Forsure

Sex Museum (Wack, but definitely funny.)

Hemp Museum ( Nothing really to see there, but theres a huge Vape that they let you take as many rips as you want there.)

Just eat off the streets man...theres these lil pizza joints just around on the streets that are bomb and cheap, start off at like Mediums because you dont know how bad youre gonna trip, STAY AWAY from the space cakes, you trip for probably the whole day bad. Buds are inexpensive though. Prositutes are usually 50 euro for a fuck and suck, haha thats literally what they say. Didnt get one, but its funny to see dirty old guys coming out. But these are definitely the hottest girls you will ever encounter. Stay away from the black dudes selling X on the streets they harass you so just keep all your stuff close to you. For the most part, its a super safe city....Cameras everywhere, if anything happens that cops are there in seconds.

EDIT: Over there you can buy joints or bags. I dont know how your room is, but my room was supplied with bongs...and i dont know if you can smoke in your room. But thats what we did, if not you can either buy straight weed joints or spliffs, make sure to tell them you want an all weed joint because if not youll get spliffs, which is weed + tobacco, if you didnt know. Thats what is common for them over there.

The New York Train Wreck was probably the best/cheapest bud i smoked.

Hash joints were cool too.

I've run a search and the only threads I found were mainly to do with amsterdam's shopping destinations. I plan to do all but no shopping on this trip!

Myself and 2 friends will be staying roughly 15mins commute by train outside the city centre and we're looking for some good restuarants, chilled/not-so-seedy coffeeshops and any other sights worth seeing. We are obviously going to pass through the red light district for a look but I don't plan to spend alot of time there. Any cool clubs or pubs worth seeing? We're mainly just looking for good food, good beer and a good time. Can any 'dam locals shed some light on this for me?

Also, if there are any half decent cheap places to stay more central, that would also be appreciated!

puss å kram!

hit up the van gogh museum and the surrounding park

the rijksmuseum is nearby (see the crazy night watch production)

just a short distance outside the city center are tons of great street cafes along the canals

the anne frank house is a must but usually loooong lines so get there early

paradiso is a great venue for clubbing/shows

patta is a must just to put the check in the box on the list of hot international spots

take a canal tour and hopefully you'll get a salty ass local who's father taught him how to roll the perfect joint and is more than welcome to pass the info on.

hope this helps.

Honestly, DO NOT EAT AT ANY OF THE FUCKING LITTLE PIZZA JOINTS AROUND THE RED LIGHT DESTRICT!!!! NO MATTER HOW BAD YOUR MUNCHIES ARE, GO TO MC DONALDS OR SOMETHING...

Guy who posted above me obviously doesn't live here and doesn't look at the same cold>warm>cold>dropped on the floor>warm again>cold>warm>sold to you slices every fucking day.

Stay of the bikepaths!!!

Have fun!

The duck is right. anyone who says to go eat at those places is fucking out of the mind they have obviously lost. i think mc dowels is the best i have ever had out here in the dam, they really take it serious. whatever, its all lame, but really, its not, and if you put in work you will find gold. weed is much more expensive than 7, that dude is nuts. good weed is like 12-15. whatever. its all fun. fuck a whore and eat bad food, smoke weed and pass out. go see a show and drink beer. in the end, its all good.

Honestly, DO NOT EAT AT ANY OF THE FUCKING LITTLE PIZZA JOINTS AROUND THE RED LIGHT DESTRICT!!!! NO MATTER HOW BAD YOUR MUNCHIES ARE, GO TO MC DONALDS OR SOMETHING...

Guy who posted above me obviously doesn't live here and doesn't look at the same cold>warm>cold>dropped on the floor>warm again>cold>warm>sold to you slices every fucking day.

Stay of the bikepaths!!!

Have fun!

Eeee....yeah i wish someone wouldve told me that. It was bomb though!

Spicy pork pizza!!

I guess listen to duck then, nothing happend to me though.

i guess places like grasshopper and bulldog must be avoided at all costs then.

i'll be in AMS for the second week of july! i've pm'd some members already for a possible meetup should their schedules permit.

as for coffeeshops, i guess grey area, dampkring, mellow yellow, amnesia, barneys and other local dives should be a good spot for high quality strains.

i guess some shit i need to try are as follows:

g-13 & white russian from dampkring

chocolope from grey area

laughing buddda & bleu cheese from barneys

pink kush from popeyes

blueberry from mellow yellow

in addition to eats, is that pancake bakery spot the shit or is it just shit?

If i were you i would not buy from anyone other than the area and the damp. they are both a bit pricey, but if you ask for advice they give it good. i think the area is the best shop in town right now for designer weed. the best low end non hype weed place is the CLUB MEDIA, right next to the albert caulp. they have desil for like 23 for 5 grams, a great deal honestly. everything is good at the area but the prices, but when you smoke it, you know that you did not get ripped off. dont get anything that is crossed with white russian, thats just crap. best weeds in the city right now are at these places i mentioned. barneys sucks, total tourist trap of hell. no reason to go there at all. if you do, you end up paying too much, and sitting in a room filled with a greesy smell from there horrible kitchen that serves ""ämerican" food. mad lame.

there are good pancake houses, and amazing ones, and the rest. the rest is about 99% of the spots, so do some research, the ones that are good will kill you. i like it with bacon. but if your vegan go tofu, but they dont have tofu really, and if your vegan your not eating there anyway, so whatever.

make sure to try the LA Confidential when your here at the gray area. as well, betty boop has suddenly poped on to the scene with some amazing weeed. so, in the end, just hunt, but dont go nuts, as most places are just pushing bad weed on you nd thinking you wont notice. food is a whole other topic, i will hit you with a pm if your itnerested in anything special.

best and most on yer trip bro!

peace

thanks for the replies guys, it's really helped. wrote all the advice down. to be completely honest i'm not too keen on spending my time smoking different types of weed. I'm interested in capturing the beauty of Amsterdam. everything has been noted and I'm really exciting for this liberal city! Coming from controlled Stockholm, it's going to be a lovely change....

if your one of those culture freaks then make sure to buy a museum pass for 25Euro. its good for a year, and you can go to over 400 spots in amsterdam including the van gogh. if you go in, walk out, smoke a j and walk in again its already paid for itself. rock out with it and ignore all the vice that is to offer here.

to be honest its people with this kind of attitude that are turning ams in to a fucking dizznee land for people looking for that euro fix. ams should just realize what it is, and fucking get over itself. but good stuff, enjoy your walking and looking vacation, but honestly, if thats your gig, there are sooooo many better places to go then here to feel cultured and eurofied.

whatevs.

yeah i realise that, just not so keen on smoking weed that's all. I'd much rather prefer some nose candy, although i'm sure it's not hard to come across, but not all that reliable. leaving tomorrow for the dam! can't fucking wait!

While exploring Amsterdam you should definitely pay a visit to the Jordaan-area, and in particular the Noordermarkt and Westermarkt (around the corner from where hurdles of tourists are waiting to enter the Anne Frank house).

And yeah, it sounds cliché, but rent a fucking bike: not that you will need it to cross huge distances (amsterdam still remains a village in my perspective), but just to catch that ultimate feeling of freedom and mobility which will bring you all corners of this - very versatile - place.

And don't spend your time in the Kalverstraat: will take too much of your dedicated time: 9 straattjes (9 little streets) is much more pleasant to walk around, which consists of small boutiques, wonderful brasseries and restaurants and breath-taking 17th and 18th century buildings

Enjoy your time!

- Divo -

If you decide to rent a bike, please stay the fuck away from me...

Hehe so true, they ride, stop, ride, stop every ten seconds. People who can't ride a bike don't go on a bike.

And indeed go to the 9 streets, and make sure you are not on saturday in the Kalverstreet. To busy.

And where are you staying that you have to take a 15 minute train ride?

Bike rental idiots, dont do it. you will get mad hate from all locals on your fucking yellow or red bike, both of which stand out like a sore thumb to hate on. if your on drugs, and getting drunk, just save us all, inlcuding yourself.

Hehe so true, they ride, stop, ride, stop every ten seconds. People who can't ride a bike don't go on a bike.

And indeed go to the 9 streets, and make sure you are not on saturday in the Kalverstreet. To busy.

And where are you staying that you have to take a 15 minute train ride?

We changed our plans. We're now staying in Leidsekade opposite some canal. I heard pretty much everything decent is within walking distance