moving to gilroy

itskentt

Hey I currently live in southern california (orange county) and i'm moving to gilroy to live with my cousins.. The reason being is because i'm going to attend Art Institute of Sunnyvale that just opened January of this year.. I was wondering if anyone goes there or lives around sunnyvale/san jose? How's the night light and such and what is there to do for fun

-Kent

well thats pretty damn far to commute from gilroy to sunnyvale.plus traffic is a bitch in the morning commute.also, gilroy doesnt have much nightlife, but you have access to all the fresh fruits and veggies since its by the farm lands. and only shopping is gilroy outlet.

Definitely a ridiculously crappy commute, I mean REALLY crappy, but hey, you'll be in immediate proximity to the GREATEST FESTIVAL OF ALL TIME (6.5?):

http://www.gilroygarlicfestival.com/

Gilroy doesn't have nightlife. Your closest bet is downtown San Jose, but then, I never really enjoyed the douchebag-heavy, zero hot girls club scene in the south bay.

i hope you like the smell of spaghetti because that's what it smells like up there. from what i heard there's a spaghetti sauce factory there. that or maybe the fact that it's the supposed garlic capital of the world may have something to do with it.

yeah, just skip doing shit in san jose and go to sf for fun

and jesus that commute sounds terrible

what is like 30 miles?

40 miles, but the traffic on that route is absolutely ungodly during rush hour. We're talking over an hour each way minimum.

you better schedule your classes to start after 10am and get out before 4pm

or get out at like 7pm

this is crucial

this commute from 7-10 am and 4-6 is HELL

even in the carpool

damn that seriously will be a long commute. 101 is usually a MESS during rush hour and distance from gilroy to sunnyvale is quite a bit. Gilroy night life is non existant and downtown SJ is quite boring also. gilroy outlets is pretty big but it its not like the outlet near Cabazon which has all the designer brands in so cal.

i have nothing to add to whats been said

that commute is gonna be very lame.......101 is a shit hole near SJ, esp. on weekdays

chances are youre gonna either:

1. become depressed

2. drive a shit load to go to neighboring cities

3. drop out of school and devote your life to garlic

there's also the art institute in san francisco..

actually i went to the academy of art for a semester.. the art institute is better in my opinion

but i'm guessing you'd want to stay at your cousins' cos mebbe they are giving you free board so you save money that way but if they charge you (cos some pple do do that even though you guys are family) i'd just move somewhere closer to san francisco if not room mate in the city..

when you add up the gas prices these days ++ commute time you might as well.

if you get to transfer to barneys sf, ever think about going to academy of art instead? then you can just live in the city and it will work out better.

i was gonna go to the academy of the art but the price is ridiculous... i'm kinda bummed now that i look at it... because i visited them in gilroy and morgan hill before and there looks like nothing to do except go drink and hit some golf balls

i was gonna go to the academy of the art but the price is ridiculous... i'm kinda bummed now that i look at it... because i visited them in gilroy and morgan hill before and there looks like nothing to do except go drink and hit some golf balls

pretty much. we have membership at a golf course in between gilroy and morgan hill and thats pretty much like the only thing in the middle of nowhere. all u can do is seriously go hit some golf balls or go swimming.

pretty much. we have membership at a golf course in between gilroy and morgan hill and thats pretty much like the only thing in the middle of nowhere. all u can do is seriously go hit some golf balls or go swimming.

hey is that your car under your username? looks like a vdubb.. if you're on vwvortex hit me up

of all places....why gilroy?

the only good thing there is probably the outlet with a 100+ stores, but other than that =\.

well my family lives there.. but i hope there's more to do in san jose or something ... how is sunnyvale? or i like going to the beach.. santa cruz any good?

santa cruz is aite

you just have to be ready to drive alot because gilroy is pretty far from everything

san jose has a few clubs but for the most part its whatever

SF is where its at

I was in San Jose area from September to December.

San Jose sucks ass.

SF is the only place with decent nightlife but the commute back and forth is a pain.

Doesn't help that clubs close at 2AM.

Thank god I live in Tokyo now.