s2a x justice

Guest jmatsu

Guest jmatsu

RTEmagicC_s2a_justice_1.jpg.jpg

s2a_justice_2.jpg

s2a_justice_4.jpg

s2a_justice_3.jpg

potential to probably move alota units. from a biz perspective the timing/marketing stratedgy seems sound.

the leather jkts and pants don't seem that special, but don't look terrible or anything.

i personally just don't care for the concept/marketing gimmick.

Guest jmatsu
I kind of like the denim, but I'm pretty sure the prices won't be too easy to swallow...

they just look like standard pieces that the usual suspects would release. the only thing kinda cool is the orange hardware...the contrast raises an eyebrow at most.

Guest jmatsu
exactly...I wasn't blown away...but neither am I repelled...I'll look for them at a bargain price, but I won't pay full...

same here. i'm sure some hipster-bitch would put forth the extra effort in head bobbing once she saw that the inside of your pants said justice on it or had a big cross or two.

potential to probably move alota units. from a biz perspective the timing/marketing stratedgy seems sound.

the leather jkts and pants don't seem that special, but don't look terrible or anything.

i personally just don't care for the concept/marketing gimmick.

In retrospect this makes sense considering one of the dudes from S2A directed the We Are Your Friends video.

I agree on the marketing aspect, will (already has) drawn a lot of attention to the brand. I do find it exceedingly cheesey that they're going for the "only 150 per piece!" limited edition hype though.

I'm curious what the pricing is going to be; what do S2A leather jackets generally go for?

Guest jmatsu
In retrospect this makes sense considering one of the dudes from S2A directed the We Are Your Friends video.

I agree on the marketing aspect, will (already has) drawn a lot of attention to the brand. I do find it exceedingly cheesey that they're going for the "only 150 per piece!" limited edition hype though.

I'm curious what the pricing is going to be; what do S2A leather jackets generally go for?

not sure about s2a leather...haven't seen any for a while. i'd liberally assume the s2a reg line would price them at a minimum of 4bills (based on other peices i've seen, old linesheets, etc), while the s2a paris and their black label command more.

Guest jmatsu
yeah hype aside, the grey jacket is balls deep in awesomeness.

yeah it's alright. looks like a grey dh with pocket flaps and "modified" detailing.

It looks like Dior Homme reinterpreted by the fine tailors of Yesstyle.com's atelier.

you're probably 100% right. they usually wear Dior anyway. i'm sure they went to s2a saying thats how they want it cut.

i just realized there was a cross on the inner pocket. i was cool with the back tag, but damn.

Guest jmatsu
nah, there will always be a market for fakes. at least the s2a jacket incorporates some unique details and isn't intended to trick people into thinking it is dior...

did i really need to put the (10)? damn, fix your radar.

hipsters are cheap when it comes to cluthing, they wont cop at resell prices.

the stitching on the inside of the jeans is tacky

grey jacket is alright, but i was never really feelin s2a at all. dont understand the hype at their pricepoints

Guest jmatsu

grey jacket is alright, but i was never really feelin s2a at all. dont understand the hype at their pricepoints

compared to the shit you seem to be fiending over like con or ksubi, s2a shit is cheap.

some of the older s2a products' pricepoints were similar to supreme.

I remember the Justice guys saying in an interview that they wore a mix of vintage and H&M... but that was before the mega hype I guess...

They don't have a very characteristic style regarding clothes, compared to their excellent graphic design, videos, marketing.

what's justice?

if you didnt know ~

wikipedia:

Justice is a French electronic music duo consisting of Gaspard Augé (b. 21 May 1979) and Xavier de Rosnay (b. 2 July 1982). They are the most successful group on Ed Banger Records, and are managed by the label's head, Pedro Winter. Their main trademark is a large light-up cross that shines throughout their shows. Their debut album † was Mixmag's Album of the Month in June 2007, number 15 on Pitchfork's Top 50 Albums of 2007, and number 18 on Blender's Magazine "25 Best Albums of 2007" list. Justice is known for incorporating a strong rock influence into their music and image.

some youtube links to their songs (MV's)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo_QVq2lGMs

I remember the Justice guys saying in an interview that they wore a mix of vintage and H&M... but that was before the mega hype I guess...

They don't have a very characteristic style regarding clothes, compared to their excellent graphic design, videos, marketing.

last time they were in town gaspard was wearing all vintage and xavier was head to toe dior.

what's justice?

i'm hoping this is a joke...

i'm also wondering why justice felt compelled to make themselves even more of a brand by creating clothing based around what they might wear, which by all standards can be procured for elsewhere cheaper (like their older thrift leather jackets and skinny jeans) and look better than this stuff.

it's kinda ho-hum and lame of them.

No joke. I'm not as up as i should be on that kind of music. I like listening to it at my friends' houses who are big into it but don't currently own any.

Guest jmatsu

The fuck? I dun like no filipinos. Why are people fighting for their justice?

The linked videos above are pretty cool though.