Black Tie Event attire

dumadiscount

Just interested in what you guys wear? Are you a traditionalist with tux, vest, tux shirt, studs, bow tie etc or do take a more modern approach? Seems most of the younger gen do not wear tuxs…

Here's what I wore last week to a Black Tie only event:

- Zara slim black suit

- Hugo Boss slim black tie

- Herringbone white dress shirt with french cuffs

- Bally black lace ups

Went with this cause the only thing I needed to purchase was the tie. I'm considering buying a tux in the future, but seems like a decent outfit can run up to around $1k.

i'm getting married in may and am putting my outfit together now... and i had a similar question.

this is what i have so far:

-the tux i'm getting m2m, slimish two button peak lappel

-light gold/off white bow tie

-black cumberbun

-barneys patent leather shoes

traditional :)

i dislike ppl wearing vans to dances.. i know its comfy and stuff.. but cmon' its a formal night.. look sharp cause you can wear vans any other day :x

just my two cents

btw, i saw a zara at south coast... is that a womans only clothes store? looked like it from the outside.. enlighten me please

It really doesn't matter if it's a "formal", as opposed to an event that adults attend, for which you ought to dress correctly (that means no ties) in a dress suit, be it shawl cut or otherwise. I also find the idea of Brioni hilarious on about 99% of the population — 5 - 7k off the peg, result: you look like an ordinary guy in an expensive off-the-peg suit. You could just have flown to Savile row, and gotten made-to-measure (maybe not bespoke) everything for that money.

i bought a pair of shoes and a skinny tie at zara, the shoes were 100 and the tie was 35, didnt buy the suit at zara though, i could imagine the whole suit costing around 300 tops, or a little more.

• 2 months later...
Guest itzo sherpa

I'm in a huge predicament.

In 6 days, I will be attending my prom.

PROBLEM: I don't have a tux nor do I have a nice black blazer.

The only things I do have is a button up shirt, Express men's slacks, and shoes.

I need to find a slim fitting tux or suit that would be in the $100-300 price range and is easily accesible, meaning, I can buy it quickly.

Is there anything like that? ahh! Please help! Thanks

werd, i was just gonna dig this thread up.

i'm getting married in three weeks and i just tried all my shit on

i think the bow tie is too big, when i keep my shoulders in certain positions, the tie goes a little over my lapels. normal?

big day, so i'm sweetin the details

IMG_0021.jpgIMG_0022.jpg